What does it mean

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Comfortably Numb, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb Active Member

What do the alerts all stand for? I see some that say "someone liked your post". I see some that say "someone quoted your post". Just curious.

ZoidMeister and cpm9ball like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ddddd

ddddd Member

If you click on each alert, it will take you to the place in that thread where another poster liked something that you wrote or quoted something you wrote in their own reply.

NOS likes this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I'm replying to your question. The Alert tells you that I have responded to your question. ~ Chris

ddddd likes this.
  5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

@Comfortably Numb

It's also possible for me to create an Alert for you by posting your username preceded by the @ sign in my comment. Note that there cannot be a space between the @ sign and the username, and your username must be identical in both spacing, uppercase letters, lowercase letters, punctuation marks and numbers (if any).

If you like what someone said, you can post a "Like" for them by clicking on Like at the bottom right of their comment (as I have just done for your initial post).

Any time you want to view how many "Posts" and "Likes" a person has, just click on their username in the left column.

ddddd likes this.
  6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The more you use this site, the more you'll understand. If I click on your name when you post or reply, I can see you have made 163 posts and/or replies to other posts. Out of that you have 46 likes, other members are agreeing with you and like what you said.

7. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Yet another alert.

Z

Draft saved Draft deleted