What do you think?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by CBJesse, Oct 31, 2012.

1. CBJesse

CBJesse Capped Bust Fanactic

Photo on 2012-10-28 at 19.09.jpg Photo on 2012-10-28 at 19.10.jpg

I've been working on my camera skills and finally managed to get a shot that does my favorite coin at least a little justice.
    Plus I've been looking at getting a copy of Early Half Dollar Die Varieties and finally ordered one and it should be here soon!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lonegunlawyer

lonegunlawyer Numismatist Esq.

I think it is a good picture. If you are looking for comments, the only one I'd make would be the flash/light at the top of the picture.

try using indirect light or large white card stock or poster board to reflect light more softly.

PS If you look at any of my current pictures, they are not very good because I am using a microscope camera at the moment.

4. CBJesse

Thank you for the complement. I agree, I don't like that light either but the microscope I used to take the shot has LED's that don't turn off.

5. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

6. CBJesse

Thanks!

7. lonegunlawyer

Aaaaaahh, now mine turn off. That is super important unless you are taking extreme close up shots of mint marks.

8. CBJesse

Well I originally bought it to take pictures of varieties, but I have been trying to take pictures of full coins with it.

9. lonegunlawyer

Same here, I purchased mine to take pics of obvious and not so obvious errors/varieties on Lincoln cents.

10. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

Not bad. The problem of shooting through plastic, though, is no matter how skilled you get you'll never be able to fully rid a shot of all reflective glare. Not with plastic. If they start using glass, there are ways around it.
    Guy

Draft saved Draft deleted