What do you think of these 2019 quarter rolls with a Westpoint end?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Dalladalla80, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Dalladalla80

Dalladalla80 Member

I keep seeing these pop up on the bay.
    They're sealed back rolls with a west point quarter on the end.
    Do you think they're all West Point quarters? or are these salted and "made rolls"
    If theyre really all West Point then it makes sense to buy crack and flip these bad boys, would help my coin buying budget...
    What do y'all think?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...632976?hash=item3d8c0c7a10:g:FKUAAOSwDIxc72kU

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I am 99.99% sure they are NOT solid West Point quarters. Why? you may ask. Because I pulled 10 West Point quarters out of circulation last week, including 1 with an ender, from about $260 worth of quarters. I wouldn't be at all surprised if these rolls are salted just like the wheat/IHC rolls are.
    Bottom Line: Trust nothing on ebay. Especially if it is too good to be true, like these are.
    24MAY19 2019W Quarters.jpg 26MAY19 2019W Lowell.jpg

4. WildWest

WildWest Obsessive Compulsive Disarry

I vote salty

dwhiz likes this.
  5. Autoturf

Autoturf Well-Known Member

Its a rigged roll, don't buy it. just like unsearched wheat rolls, salty.

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Shark Bait.......

7. Good Cents

Good Cents Well-Known Member

Please forgive my ignorance, but, what does "Salty" mean in this context. (I tried Google but it wasn't helpful :wideyed: )

8. Autoturf

Autoturf Well-Known Member

Rigged, hoax, not honest, Bait.

9. Good Cents

Thanks. There's a lot of "salt sellers" out there I guess. Pity. Ruins it for the rest of us who are looking for legit things.

Though how they game the system and "Roll" coins in those original wraps is anyone's guess.

10. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

You can buy "original" empty rolls and crimping tools cheaply on eBay or elsewhere.

11. Good Cents

Wow. Who would have thunk it - a public market to buy fraud tools. It's a crazy new world we live in!

12. Good Cents

Though why Loomis and String would allow their empties to be sold is a question. I guess they can't fight it, even if the only reason someone would buy an empty brand name roll would be to defraud someone.

That being said, how would you EVER know if you're getting a real, new, original roll of anything from anyone ever? And, how can anyone ever sell a new, original roll of anything? Who would buy the brand new rolls I put aside now for my decendents, knowing that there are so many bad actors out there?

13. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

"Fraud tools"? Not any more than a pen is a fraud tool because you can use it to forge signatures. I'm sure there are people who just want nice, tidy crimps on the rolls they're taking back to the bank. :rolleyes:

More to the point, there's massive traffic in outright counterfeit coins on eBay. I'd be more worried about that.

I honestly don't know whether you can buy empty brand-name rolls. If you can't, it's not too hard to take an honest roll fresh from the bank, unroll one end, swap the contents, and crimp it back shut using a tool.

Easy: you can't.

Easy: there are lots of naive buyers.

It's a gamble, and one whose outcome you probably won't see. Keep in mind, though, that we do often see cases where "descendants" have turned in rolls of silver coins to the bank for face value...

Good Cents likes this.
  14. Good Cents

I hear you. It's a pretty wild world we're living in these days. It's sad. Everything and anything can be fake. Even a simple quarter!

Draft saved Draft deleted