What do you hate seeing, when doing CRH?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by RomaniGypsy, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Brina

Brina Well-Known Member

What's wrong with that? That's how I do it. Didn't know it was wrong...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Really? You physically mark the coins with a Sharpie? As a coin collector you don't see any hypocrisy in that act?

Just because you didn't notice or find any anomaly with the coins doesn't mean the next discerning searcher won't find something of interest to them. And at that point their search/find is ruined by your Sharpie ink.

4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

gum would be disgusting

john65999 likes this.
  5. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

do you mark the paper on the rolls, or the coins, themselves?

6. Dynoking

Dynoking Well-Known Member

So you're the one! :shifty: Please stop it! :stop: See post #42. ;)

Attached Files:

7. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

Isopropyl alcohol will get rid of the ink and I don't think it will damage the coin.

8. masterswimmer

But will the ink just wash away using isopropyl alcohol without any rubbing? I wouldn't think so.

9. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

A Kleenex dipped in isopropyl will take it all off.

10. masterswimmer

Or just don't mark the coins with any substance, Sharpie, nail polish, sandpaper, or scotch tape. ESPECIALLY if you're a coin collector yourself ;)

manny9655 likes this.
  11. RomaniGypsy

RomaniGypsy Active Member

I think I may have to add one to the list. Machine-wrapped rolls that get meticulously undone by a person, on one end, and then re-filled. How the heck do they get the coins out, or back in for that matter? I tried to push them out myself (naturally, they were searched, though not to my level) and after about fifteen seconds of pushing and shoving with little movement, I gave up and told my 3-year-old that he could rip them all open and dump the coins out.

12. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

I did that once for a whole box of nickels the bank did take the box.At the end i figured it was to much trouble and re-rolling with regular wraps was the only true way.

13. Mark Kerner

Mark Kerner Member

Usually a few light taps on the side of the roll is enough to get them to move once the top has been unrolled. I start at the end of the roll where the paper tucks in. After that, I nudge the coins from the middle like I would a push-up ice pop. Just takes a little more patience than loading them into other wrappers once searched, but I prefer reusing original wrappers when possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted