What Did You Find Today?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Skippy Topaz, May 26, 2016.

1. Skippy Topaz

Skippy Topaz PAPERBOY

Couldn't find a long running thread on circulation finds and every once in a while I find something cool like a Buffalo Nickel or Indian Head Penny etc. and today saw this shiny Jefferson Nickel that had a slightly different luster than a new nickel and after closer inspection saw that it was dated 1959 in really nice condition.. The scan doesn't really do it justice, it's quite shiny and in great shape for its age..

If you find anything cool in circulation please share :)

1959-Jefferson-Nickel.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

4. Skippy Topaz

Skippy Topaz PAPERBOY

Oh ok, thanks. I was thinking more along the lines of what you found in your pocket change etc. not searching through rolls but that's a really cool thread :)

5. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

Looked in the Coinstar. Found 4 clad dimes, a Euro 2 Cent and a 1943-S steel cent.

6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Nothing special in coins but I found one of these today while dismantling an old wood pile. Brown Recluse. Hit it with a shovel a few times. Now it looks like an error. :) 1 brown recluse spider.jpg

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  7. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I found these teeth while beach combing yesterday. They have been in "circulation" for 18-22 million years. 1964 Kennedy for size reference :)
    Shark Teeth.jpg

Mainebill and tommyc03 like this.
  8. Ruben

Ruben Member

It's been a long dry spell for my change finds lately. Anymore, a nice penny from the 60's is about the best I have been able to find.

9. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Got a 61 Rosie in change a couple weeks ago

tommyc03 and Omegaraptor like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted