What condition?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by katie1404, Aug 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. katie1404

katie1404 New Member

What condition would you say this coin is in? Sorry I’m a beginner and I’m only learning how to tell if something is in good condition or not?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Your coin suffered a lot of damage. That makes it difficult to assess the grade. The damage also significantly reduces any numismatic value

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Cute but unfortunately it's been heavily damaged and that reduces the value. Not sure how rare this is but if it's common then face value.

katie1404 likes this.
  5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Yes we know.. You Don't need to apologize on all your threads. Just ask the questions.

Welcome to CoinTalk

katie1404 likes this.
  6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Glad that you're new to the hobby. Just ask your questions and stop apologizing. If you listen, you'll learn. If you keep repeating the same question on different coins you're not learning. If you argue you don't want to learn. :)

7. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

Many collectors would consider your coin a space filler.
    Not really collectible but good enough until you get a better coin.

8. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

I'll say "critical" condition! Lol!

9. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

The coin you have has a sharpness grade of Very Fine (VF) with respect to wear, but it has been bent which has resulted in mutilation. Collectors try to assign net grades to such coins, that get complicated and controversial. To me the net grade would in the About Good (AG) to Good (G) category.

katie1404 likes this.
  10. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

First of all, welcome to CT Katie. Your coin is a ½ Pingin, which is ½ penny=1/24 Shilling from Ireland. If it wasn't damaged, it would only be worth around 55¢, but with the damage, as others have already said, not worth collecting, but a neat conversational piece. Hang on to it and keep reading and looking. Good luck. If you have other foreign coins you can find values at numista.com and/or ngccoin.com

katie1404 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted