What Coin You Think I Should Look For

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by tommy1121, Jul 2, 2011.

1. tommy1121

tommy1121 New Member

What coin do you think begginers should search for. And post your reccomndations on where to search for them.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

I assume that you're thinking of looking through change for a more valuable date or more valuable variety... if that is the case you should look for them all!!! If you're searching through your change and all you are looking for is a 1995 doubled die obverse Lincoln Cent chances are it may be a very long time before you find one. In the meantime, you're likely to be passing over several valuable varieties that you're just not looking for.

I recommend buying a Redbook if you don't already have one. The book will give you a basic idea of which are the better dates to save of each denomination.

For varieties, the Cherrypickers Guides are pretty good (but so are a bunch of free online resources if you don't want to buy the book). Also a new version of Volume II of the Cherrypickers guide is coming out soon so you may not want to get that one just yet.

4. Rope

Rope New Member

Tommy how old are you? also if you send me a private message maybe we can talk im always willing to help beginners :)

Draft saved Draft deleted