What bulk coinage do you own

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by CoinBlazer, Dec 9, 2018.

1. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I vary. Some stuff like 20k wheat cents, other stuff like untold thousands of roman coins. I like group lots a lot, so a lot of my piles are technically all different coins, but there are literally hundreds of thousands of different ancient coin types they might as well be the same. So, if unidentified ancient coin were a coin type, I have maybe 10,000 of those. It will give me something to do in retirement.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

I had the same thought years ago before I retired. Then when I finally retired and moved to a different state my focus was on downsizing and I sold most of my bulk coins. I came to the conclusion that I'd probably never go through most of them since I seemed more interested in focusing on a limited set of type coins.

4. Rheingold

Rheingold Well-Known Member

I was a Roosevelt Dime stacker...but after several years of hoarding I'm fed up with them. My eyes are currently too bad to see these little guys clearly.
    Now I prefer Peace Dollars.:)

5. jcm

jcm Active Member

Square hole cash coins. Here are some Northern Sung value 1 coins awaiting sorting. I keep some on strings, hanging on a peg. Dealers in China do this for common coins too. The better coins get to go in the display case.

IMG_20181226_182901.jpg

And here are some Japanese kanei tsuho coppers. Old and new style. The ones loose in boxes I just got from Japan a few weeks ago, haven't had a chance to do more than a cursory sort through to separate old from new. The ones on the right are all attributed, in holders and are waiting to be put into collection binders or the doubles box.
    IMG_20181226_182947.jpg

6. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

I always seem to need a washer I don't have. Maybe I should invest in Chinese coins!:bear:

CasualAg$ likes this.
  7. jcm

jcm Active Member

They'd make a handy replacement for a 1/4 x 1" fender washer, but they get a bit brittle. At about 20 cents each, they could be cheaper than washers :)

wxcoin likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted