What are your plans for Numismatics?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by JCB1983, Jul 16, 2012.

1. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

Its fun to hear how a collector changes or collects due to other members ideas. Of course if its in a good way than congrats.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

I'm with Tom. Buy nice cool coins.

4. swish513

swish513 Penny & Cent Collector

my goals:

continue collecting edwardian pence
    continue collecting cast chinese cash coins
    continue collecting british shillings
    complete my dad's whitman lincoln wheat cent folders
    continue collecting roman victory coins
    LEARN MORE ABOUT COINS AND PAPER NOTES
    continue collecting federal reserve notes
    start collecting national notes
    finish my united states type set
    expand my numismatic library

5. Hadrian75

Hadrian75 Member

Wanna save some money and buy 2/5 dollar indian gold eagle:yes:+ find really rare silver Russian rubles

6. sunflower

sunflower New Member

What are Elymais Bronzes, Sassanid and Hepthalite? Sounds Ancient.

7. sunflower

sunflower New Member

Indian head Pioneer Territorial Gold Fractional Tokens. Any denomination. I have one of 8 that I would eventually like for my set. I have one from Period two.

A full set of Eisenhowers would be nice. I would like the whole enchillada on Eisenhowers.

Then if the sky was the limit, I would have my interests with the First Spouses caught up. That collection may be too far behind me now, but I can't forget about it. I adore those that I have.

8. sunflower

sunflower New Member

Just reviewed my post. Could not edit for some reason.

I forgot to think in terms of learning. I ended up with a list for Santa.

I think I would like learn how to budget more money for coins. I would like to improve my memory so I could remember what I read about coins.

Learning. Yes. The area I would like to learn more about is definately Pioneer Gold Fractional Tokens.

Nickels would be up there too. I like the Jefferson (older) Nickels.

9. oval_man

oval_man Elliptical member

You could limit your set to 2,000. (Although you might have a hard time saying no to #2,001;).)

10. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I think you had a typo. If you meant 20,000 maybe I could try. :)

11. oval_man

I sold a lot of stuff off a few years ago (US and foreign; nothing special) in order to focus on better items. I can't even imagine a 2K coin collection these days! (Unless you count bullion and rolls, I suppose.)

12. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Ignoring bullion, rolls, bags of misc world coins, and bags of uncleaned ancient Roman, bulk chinese, and the like, maybe I am around 10k. Its not bragging, more like a guilty admission. Even as I say this, I have snipes in for auctions ending this weekend for about 40 more coins. :(

I have always said my saving grace is that coins are small, otherwise I am afraid I would be on that Hoarders show.

13. DM1

DM1 Active Member

I'll probably keep jumping from one thing to another, never completing anything:confused:

14. oval_man

We definitely represent different sides of the spectrum! Forget Hoarders, I think there's a niche out there for your own show ;). I'd patch in just to see how you sort through everything. :)

15. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Oh, I dunno.

I want to complete my set of Toned French Sowers for sure. Maybe buy a few Gold Indians to replace the ones I've sold in the past.

But I think at this point though, I'd rather just learn more about coins than buy them.

Draft saved Draft deleted