What Are The Odds

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Handyman, Sep 20, 2019.

1. 1909 s VDB or 1909 s Indian Head ? I need {want } both . one day when the wife ain't looking I will get both !

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

You should go back to the store and see if she has more rolls that the spender may have left. Can't buy much with 50 cents these days.

4. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

Excellent point!

5. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

@furryfrog02 @FooFighter ...It is a real deal. I, personally, have contributed over 200 quarters to the effort, and as of yesterday over 100 nickels...1940 to 1999, G4 to MS60...all collectibles from my efforts over the past 57 years.
    ...the Great American Coin Hunt is a treasure awaiting collectors of all ages...Spark

6. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

That is an amazing find if really found in circulation.

Chuck_A likes this.
  7. Blond6ftWM

Blond6ftWM New Member

Edited by moderator.

@Blond6ftWM- spam is not allowed on the discussion forums. You may offer items for sale on the For Sale forum, if you follow the rules there.

Please take a moment to review the main forum rules as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2019
  8. Spark1951

@Handyman ...the 1864 has 3 types: copper-nickel, bronze and bronze w/L. These by definition are key dates. Research this and the 1865 closer. You must research all of them to find out the mintages/scarcity. The common ones, and all of them have no headband letters showing, list for a little over $2.00 each. There may be others but you won’t know until you do your own due diligence.

You may be a new member and new to collecting, but this find just immersed you into the hobby and it may turn out to be a trial- by-fire. Don’t let it overwhelm you...take your time and do your research at a pace that works for you. The 1864 IHC IS 155 years old!

Take your time...you will be glad you did. Be sure to post what you find out...and Welcome to the hobby and Coin Talk! ...Spark

9. Handyman

Handyman Well-Known Member

I live in a small town about 3500.

10. Handyman

I went back to the store this afternoon and there where no more with the name ron on them.

Inspector43 likes this.
  11. sel w

sel w Active Member

12. Spark1951

....UPDATE...today I released 34 wheat ears back to the wild...G4 to VF20, 1941 to 1956...Spark

13. Handyman

You gave me a good ideal I'm going to put back the one's that where doubled so someone else may get excited like I did.

masterswimmer and TheCitrusGuy like this.
  14. Dean 295

Dean 295 D.O.M.

I went to my usual bank got $5.00 in pennies (cents) Started getting a few wheat back cents in each roll ended up with 50 cents in wheats, looking at the rest they were from 1959 to around 1981 all copper cents. Now do I save the copper cents or just dump them?

15. Spark1951

Spend them...their copper content is too expensive to extract, even if you could melt them, which you still cannot do. Save the best ones they might have value in about 30 years...Spark

16. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

go and buy that lottery ticket.

Handyman likes this.
  17. Handyman

I did but I guess my win was the coins and I'm good with that, I did put the one's that had two back in the wild.

18. Prez2

Prez2 Well-Known Member

Perhaps this is one of those inspirational things some collectors do to stir up interest in the hobby. Dumping lower priced IHC's into the wild? Just saying. Great find versus a new rolls of zinc crappies any day though.

Handyman likes this.
  19. Dean 295

Dean 295 D.O.M.

I love the coin star machine, for the second time in a few weeks I scooped out a hand full of change and foreign coins. This time it was almost 3 dollars worth of coins and 1 silver dime. the other time it was close to 2 dollars. There out there you have to keep looking.

Handyman and TheCitrusGuy like this.
  20. TheCitrusGuy

TheCitrusGuy Member

I do too, Dean.
    Though, the last time I checked one and found something, it was a bunch of pennies stuck together with tar. A Chuck E Cheese Token, an odd collectible token from some entertainment company, and a Canadian Quarter. I keep looking though.

Handyman likes this.
  21. Vince11229

Vince11229 Well-Known Member

Phenomenal find including a couple war cents! WOW!!!

Handyman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted