What Are The Hot Coins Of 2014?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Agilmore01, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Agilmore01

Agilmore01 Well-Known Member

I enjoy collecting 1938-1945 slabbed Jefferson nickels. These are definitely NOT the hottest series of coins out there, but something attracted me to them. I think it's because they are very affordable, even in high grades. When I sell them, I might as well give them away.

In your opinion, what is considered the hot coins to buy and sell in 2014? What do you have no trouble unloading when needed and can move it fairly quickly and for a good price? Is there a certain series and grade that never stay in one place very long? I am not asking this to change my collecting habits. I have just been curious since I deal in the slow moving items.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Morgan dollars always move quickly in mid-MS or higher grades. You may not make a large profit on all, but they won't collect dust on the shelf.

Chris

fireguy83 likes this.
  4. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I think pre-1933 gold coins will be in demand now that Gold is down in price. The condition rarities will always garner premiums, but there are many nice MS coins available for decent prices.

5. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

Seems classic commems have been gaining traction. I think just because there are a few I want to pick up. Early halves are also doing good, probably better than they ever have. I don't know why. Probably, again, because they are one of the few things I collect. I tend to gravitate toward series that aren't hot, however, and get them while the getting's good. Most go through hot and cold cycles. Early copper is starting to rise from the cold depths, I'm affraid, so I've been buying like a man with a week to live.

6. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I am buying up old gold to take advantage of these low prices. Everything sells easily if you do 99 cents and no reserve, but old gold is not selling for as high as it has in months past.

7. wyvern

wyvern Active Member

I am finding that modern silver proof commemoratives are going well,a few years ago no one would look at them,but now the designs have improved so much

8. Agilmore01

I tend to stay away from Morgan's because it seems so overwhelming to me. Seems like the market is saturated with them. Every dealer has cases full of them.

What about MS66 Walkers?
    What date range of early copper?
    I know CAC is hot, but what about plus graded coins?

9. CopperCastle

CopperCastle Penny for your Thoughts

Any 90%+ silver coins are easy to unload. Pre 65 US quarters & dimes, Ike's & war nickels as well.

10. cletis faye

cletis faye Well-Known Member

Any damn coin u like all of em

11. Agilmore01

The coins i like are not considered hot items. Do you have any ideas of what you think are fast movers?

12. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

I feel like a lot of stuff in the market is soft right now.

Toned franklins seem to do well. Original classic coins with nice surfaces, toned coins in general, CAC, and I personally thought nickels were doing ok.

13. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

Why Kennedy halves of course!

14. amassey08873

amassey08873 Always Learning

Just ordered the Kennedy Set, Excited to see a Kennedy in Reverse Proof!
    Anyone else?

JPeace$ likes this.
  15. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

It's a beauty and one of my favorites in the series. Probably gonna buy a graded example just for the one coin.

JPeace$ likes this.
  16. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

I've been surprised as ms 63 and higher graded peace dollars have been going up in price especially the 27 s.

17. Weston

Weston Well-Known Member

Seems to be anything unusual, higher grade stuff. I personally don't see a particular series selling considerably better than other right now.

18. silv

silv Active Member

Barber halves in F VF XF have been on the move all year.

19. They have been on the move for a few years. Although I would argue the VF-AU moves have been much stronger than Fines. It seems this past year though, prices are regressing for the common dates no matter how perfect they are.

20. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

I know that my F-XF Type 2 17-24 Standing Liberties would be easily sold for strong money right now. Especially with strong dates and 'clean' surfaces. But perhaps that's just a continued strength.

Most dealers that I've asked about these have all said there is always a strong demand for quality circulated early Standing Liberty quarters.

21. Tim C

Tim C Active Member

Why would anyone buy Kennedy half dollars (YUK)……

Save your money, buy FRANKLINS ……

Draft saved Draft deleted