What are the chance of Starbucks accepting ...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Dancing Fire, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

one of these $20 for a cup of coffee? after all these yrs it is still a legal tender coin.

IMG_0395.JPG

Paul M. and Bambam8778 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Just as relevant . . . what are the odds you'd carry one of these, or a $1000 bill on your person to spend on anything?

Like the $1000 or $500 bill, shortly after buying the coffee, you'd have a fistful of smaller denominated change, be it currency or coin.

Wouldn't you be more likely to carry smaller denominations on you, like quarter eagles, or one dollar gold pieces?

Paul M. likes this.
  4. NSP

NSP Well-Known Member

You could probably show them where it says "United States of America" on the reverse and they'd still insist it was foreign or something. Lol

Paul M. likes this.
  5. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

They look like miniatures ...

6. The barista probably would give you a hard time, but the guy in line behind you (me) would generously offer you a $20 FRN for either of them. TC :greedy::)

johnyb, Paul M. and C-B-D like this.
  7. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Why canna I be the barista when those come across the counter?

Paul M. likes this.
  8. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

Be sure to let us know how well it goes. Enjoy your coffee. For what it will cost you, I hope it's at least that fancy civet crap coffee.

9. Andres2

Andres2 Well-Known Member

This happens often , mainly in Wallmarts, oldtimers want to pay with eighter old US
    currency paper or old US coins. Wallmarts first ask them to pay with modern coins or notes.If the oldtimer doesn't do that, Wallmarts calls the cops, and the oldtimer is taken to the policestation ,charged to try spend counterfeit money. After some time the chief calls the Secret Service , when they arrive they quickly pronouce the coin(s) or the notes Legal tender. case closed. So if you like to spend a day at the policestation and without your groceries , give it a try :)

Paul M. likes this.
  10. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

For 1 cup?
    Don't expect any change back with the prices they charge! :confused:

Paul M. and Clawcoins like this.
  11. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Go ahead and try...

Kentucky and Paul M. like this.
  12. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

Are there Starbucks coffee shops on the Island of Yap?

:)

TopcatCoin and Paul M. like this.
  13. Dancing Fire

Funny story about $500 bills...about 30 yrs ago a friend of mine was working as a bank teller and a customer with four $500 bills wanted to exchange for $100s. Most likely their parent had just passed away and they found these $500 bills in a safety deposit box.

She didn't know $500 bills had ever existed ,so she took a chance and exchanged one for herself, and one of her other coworker traded $1500 for the other three bills.

Paul M. likes this.
  14. Dancing Fire

I'll get those back in change... So $20 -$3 for a cup of coffee = one eagle, two quarter eagles and two one dollar gold pieces in change.. ;)

15. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

$3 for a cup of coffee in Starbucks? Huh, I thought nothing was less than $4 and that might be for a small glass of H20.

Draft saved Draft deleted