What "Apps" do you use?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Camreno, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Camreno

Camreno Active Member

Do you guys use any apps that aid in your collecting? Maybe an app that gives you the current silver and gold price, or maybe an app that helps you with pricing and grading? Just looking for some useful tools, other then websites :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Coinfacts for pricing and grading. You can just scan a slab barcode and it shows recent auction sales and links to the auctions to judge why say one sold for considerably more (stunning/undergraded) or less (ugly/overgraded) for the grade / tpg

Camreno likes this.
  4. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

I keep a Kitco widget for gold and silver prices on my phone home page...

Camreno likes this.
  5. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

i use the pcgs series apps for andriod , and ngc for my registry,

Camreno likes this.
  6. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

I never quite adapted to the idea of using a smaller screen for numismatics at home when I have a 27" monitor in front of my face, and when I'm out, well, I'm not doing numismatics. :)

That said, I have and occasionally make use of the barcode scanner on my smartphone as a confirmation tool when the potential authenticity of a slabbed coin is being discussed. One thing the counterfeiters rarely seem to get right is the barcode on a faked slab. The scanner will pull the code straight off my monitor.

Camreno likes this.
  7. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Pcgs has photograde for win 10...

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

8. SuperDave

I don't need PCGS to tell me how to grade.

Cascade, RonSanderson and dwhiz like this.
  9. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I have the PCGS and NGC apps where you can confirm the registration numbers.

10. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

I use nothing on a cell phone, but on my large-screened computer I use the internet (goldprice.com & silverprice.com, for example) with the free Libre Office Calc spreadsheet software.

11. Camreno

Camreno Active Member

Could be useful for use noobs though

12. SuperDave

Nobody asked me to tell everyone else how to be, just how I did it. :)

And "research" based on one datapoint isn't doing it right.

Camreno likes this.
  13. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

14. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

I use MyiBidder PPS for sniping auctions.

Camreno likes this.
  15. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

I use the Coin Collection app, keeps my entire collection at my fingertips

16. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I have a CoinTalk App
    I just click on it and it instantly take me to the webpage!
    (It's actually a bookmark for CT :wacky:)
    Capture+_2017-01-30-04-50-13.png

17. stoster38

stoster38 Member

I use the PCGS & NGC apps. I use Tapatalk to visit this forum on my smartphone. I also use a no longer available app called Bento which is a companion app to the no longer available desktop version on my Mac. I use it to keep track of my collection. It's basically a user friendly database. I also use Excel to keep inventory and have the companion app for Excel on my iPad.

I also use Overcast to listen to a couple of podcasts. The Coin Show (great podcast) and Coinweek.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  18. iPen

iPen Well-Known Member

No app yet, but I like what someone else mentioned about an app that scans barcodes and brings up previous prices - I'll have to check that one out.

I use a spreadsheet that dynamically pulls in data such as the current silver price, links directly to certification page, etc. It also includes a bunch of raw coin data that can be used to calculate info such as melt value of each coin, differences in price paid vs. NGC catalog price, and much more. I guess I can access that on my phone via app, but I use my desktop since it's easier to look through and navigate.

Draft saved Draft deleted