What a great read!! Strike it Rich with Pocket Change

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Sean the Coin Collector, May 20, 2015.

?

Have you read it ??

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Sean the Coin Collector

Sean the Coin Collector Active Member

For all of you amateur roll hunters and even the experienced guys i read this book and thought it was great. I have always had such a hard time cherry picking when it comes to some errors but this book contained so much good information i would recommend it to all!! Heres a link to the Book on amazon really was worth the 15 bucks i paid for it!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...&tag=seanscollecta-20&linkId=7GIP3SWU3A4QMNZO

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Sean the Coin Collector

Does anyone else have an opinion on it ??

4. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

I think the Cherry Pickers Guide is better.

5. Sean the Coin Collector

I will have to read them and then let everyone know what i think but i just looked them up and certainly will check them out !!

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Yes great book.. I read it and referenced it so many times I have it memorized! Ken Potter is very knowledgeable.

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  7. Sean the Coin Collector

Glad to hear it paddy certainly was a great read and has helped me out a great deal !!

Rick Stachowski and paddyman98 like this.
  8. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

I've read it, and Mr. Potter is really down to earth guy too, always willing to lend a helping hand . If anybody ever need help from him, he's on Coneca forums ..

9. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

How is the photographic evidence in the "Strike it Rich woth Pocket Change" book since the CPG is very limited and has often gotten the photographs completely wrong.

10. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

I have both books and find the Cherrypicker's guide more extensive, though I think Strike it Rich is less technical and easier to read for the beginner.

11. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

i have both books also and used strike it rich a lot when i started roll hunting, btw, got my copy from Ken on ebay and he signed it..:woot:

paddyman98 likes this.
  12. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Personally, I find it not only to be a waste of money for the new variety enthusiast, but that it also, because of the highly questionable title choice, sets a laughably unrealistic expectation level for the very collectors it is marketed towards. It is short on quality information and high on fluff.

Draft saved Draft deleted