Wexler: 1972 1¢ WDDO-004

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Rick Stachowski, Sep 24, 2013.

1. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

I had already posted that comparison, Rick...see post 6. The doubling does not match...that is what wexler will tell you as well.
    Did you ever take photos of the N in UNITED?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. robec

robec Junior Member

I think you should junk your microscope and invest in a digital camera. Your microscope photos never seem to show true closeups. I never see what you are trying to point out.

I'm not saying your coins are or are not what you believe them to be. Your closeups just seem to fail in showing it. I would think a microscope photo would be a slam dunk, but your microscope is not doing the job.

4. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

I tried, but I just can't get it, so many die scratches in the N (united) it just bleeds out A091 - 20130925_142630 (2).jpg A088 - 20130925_141409 (2).jpg

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Train wreck...fun to watch but never ends well... At least I learn what these DDO's
    "DON'T" look like. Thanks Rick :)

6. Rick Stachowski

ya, my junk Dino-scrope won't do the job, but thats ok, I have coins to send to wexler, so no big deal

7. Rick Stachowski

ya, time for a new one, thats for sure, but for what I needed it for, it did the job, and it wasn't for lincolns, thats for sure

8. non_cents

The die scratches, even in the types of photos you take, would show up. They are not present in your photos. This coin is not die 4.

9. Rick Stachowski

All I can say is, when back from wexlers, I'll post it

10. AWORDCREATED

AWORDCREATED Hardly Noticeable

It isn't nice to throw us for a loop. :p

11. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Well I didn't try to flip anyone. I thought a loop was nice.:)

12. Rick Stachowski

everybody take a breath, here's some new photos of UNI, (united) and yes, its going to wexler, once I receive it back, I'll post it, thanks everybody A100 - 20130926_051316 (2).jpg A103 - 20130926_052319 (2).jpg

13. non_cents

Yeah...die scratches aren't in the correct positionr die 4.

14. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

Rick in my opinion your 72 cent coin has the same type doubling as the 1968 coin in your avatar . this does not come even close to looking like a doubled die to me . if you are looking at what appears to shadow looking parts of the letters along the edge and top of the letters this is called die detoration because the die was used for too long. keep trying and before long it will dawn on you how to tell the difference between the worthless MD doubling and a real doubled die coin. on the MD doubling there are many types of this and all types we call it MD.

15. AWORDCREATED

AWORDCREATED Hardly Noticeable

You got a mouse in your pocket? Who you calling we?

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  16. Rick Stachowski

Not even close A013 - 20130905_160849 (3).jpg

17. non_cents

If by "not even close" you mean "not even close to die 4", you would be correct...
    Let us know what wexler says. When are you sending it out? I want to know when to expect an answer...:)

18. tgaw

tgaw Member

very interesting and to me I think that all these suttle differences on error coins now a days is a bit much.i understand the idea of noting these differences,but to me it is or it isn't sort of like the poor mans 1955 ddo.

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  19. Rick Stachowski

I boxes them up tonight, going out monday, talk to john today, I'll post it non cents as soon as I receive it, along with the 10 coins potter has, thanks everybody, I wish I could show better photos

20. jallengomez

jallengomez Cessna 152 Jockey

You are correct that it either is or it isn't. With varieties there is no "close enough to count."

rascal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted