West Point Quarters

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by 1stSgt22, May 14, 2022.

1. 7Jags

7Jags Well-Known Member

Yes, I rather like that strategy and used it myself after finding only the War in the Pacific in change I bought the others at about the same price. I don't pretend to grade for the TPGs but will note that each was rather presentable and probably at least MS65....

1stSgt22 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I have several that were given to me from a member. Thank you. I still haven't found one in circulation. I did buy the 2020 W Quarters (5) that have the "Privy mark" on them.
    How many years were they minted?

1stSgt22 likes this.
  4. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Two years,2019 and 2020 5 different designs for each year,ten total.

1stSgt22 likes this.
  5. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

I don’t roll search but I’ve not found one in circulation yet

1stSgt22 and MaryK like this.
  6. 309bottles

309bottles New Member

I don't hunt quarter rolls, but I've been looking for W's in change for a few years with nothing to show for it.

masterswimmer, 1stSgt22 and MaryK like this.
  7. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

I haven't found any this sucks

PamR and 1stSgt22 like this.
  8. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

I agree with the frustration, but honestly, even though I've been shut out, it makes the challenge of finding 'W's' a rewarding endeavor.

Good luck in your search.

PamR and 1stSgt22 like this.
  9. PamR

PamR You Never Know! Supporter

I have posted my one and only a few times but it was a surprise find from a cashier giving me change while in TN. 8EE4A494-E3CF-4254-89C1-A4543B7269A2.jpeg

Attached Files:

1stSgt22 and SensibleSal66 like this.
  10. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

As potttydollar said the W coins were made for 2 years 2019 and 2020, the privy marked coins were 2020 only.

MaryK, 1stSgt22 and SensibleSal66 like this.
  11. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Still waiting for that "less than $5 each" everyone was talking about in 2019.....

:troll:

12. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

I've been collecting them in my pocket change for a few years now and have about a half a roll in total. Mine are found in circulation so they are not in "mint" condition. With that said, is it worth hanging onto these or not?

I've also been collecting the new 2021 quarters that I come across in my pocket change for some time now and have about two rolls of those, collectively. I'm about to use them in a Laundromat to clean a few car covers in the mega load machines. Before I do, is the 2021 quarters found in circulation worth hanging onto as well, or not?

MaryK likes this.
  13. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

I'd keep the 2019 and 2020Ws, the 2021s don't seem to be doing that much at all.

Check Ebay for comparable sold listings. they are doing quite well after 2-3 years, and I'd expect that to continue over the years. Lightly circulated on down the line as time passes even.

they were not released as whole rolls or whole bank boxes, like other lower mintage coins, not exactly easy to hoard them in significant quantities like the 1950D nickels or other low mintage coins.

i think even down the line the circulated examples will find their prices. Even AU Lowell Ws are going for $12-18 or so depending on how it looks and how the person defined their version of AU.

circulated they gotta be worth at least $5 each. AU -UNC probably a $10+. Some designs more. there was a listing for 40 circulated Ws, 4 designs, Texas, Salt River Bay, Weir Farm, and River of no return, 10 of each that sold for $382.89. about $9.50 each, that ain't bad.

I see AU-Low UNC sets in holders of all 10 designs selling for $150.00 I think it's worth holding on to for sure.

14. Dean 295

Dean 295 D.O.M.

Haven't found a single "W" quarter as of today.

MaryK likes this.
  15. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

Finally found one and in a coinstar reject bin.
    2019 -W Wilderness, not great condition but not a parking lot find so, yay I guess.

John Burgess, MaryK and LakeEffect like this.
  16. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

I save em. Found about a dozen. Wouldn’t pay up for any more
    I’m old and surely don’t need more coins

MaryK likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted