West Point Quarters

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by 1stSgt22, May 14, 2022.

1. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

Anyone still finding "W" quarters? Haven't seen any posted in a while! Also, how many do you have so far and which ones, if any are you still missing!!!

PamR, Eric the Red and Inspector43 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

I found one in circulation - Northern Mariana Islands. I bought a Texas W for Type set. Not actively seeking or hoping for anymore - no holes assigned to them so they aren't technically missing from my collection ;)

4. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

I have one Sarge. Get a Few rolls of quarters occasionally, nothing worthwhile found.

1stSgt22 and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  5. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

I have probably found over 20 West Point ATB quarters in circulation since they were released in 2019. My most recent West Point from the wild would be a National Park of American Samoa "W" found on the 4th of May, right before my last final exam of the semester, in a campus vending machine.

6. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I was flustered and God bless him, @furryfrog2 hooked me up with a set. Then one day last year I made a small purchase at a convenience store and was handed one in change.

Last edited: May 14, 2022
  7. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

Being from California, I only see D mints. In my searches on line I see S & Philly's, but have never seen a W on the quarters.

Dave

1stSgt22, MaryK and playpossum0985 like this.
  8. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I still haven't found one in the wild, but I keep looking.

MIGuy, Fritz Scott, 1stSgt22 and 2 others like this.
  9. 7Jags

7Jags Well-Known Member

I found only the Pacific war one in change at Chic Filet at LAX airport. I bought the others as they came out at various sites. I could be wrong but they look to be of 65 and 66 quality & very nice. These when slabbed high seem to be going for a bit of money these days...

1stSgt22 likes this.
  10. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

I coin roll hunt quarters, and I guess that I've found 20-30 of them. Last about two weeks ago. Last few times all I got were unc. Sally Riders. Some neat errors though.
    ride3-4.jpg

11. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

Me either :(

12. playpossum0985

playpossum0985 Global Cooling Protester

I'm out left with Movavedave, found 2 free rangers since this whole thing started... Nothing in rolls.

1stSgt22 likes this.
  13. MaryK

MaryK Member

Haven't found a single one.

kaosleeroy108 and 1stSgt22 like this.
  14. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

I haven't been roll hunting at all lately,(about 2 years now, 6 months of not at all) I check my change but nothing special going on there.

1stSgt22 likes this.
  15. mullinax01

mullinax01 Member

Found one yesterday! I’ve found 14 in total, still need 5 different ones to complete it

1stSgt22 and UncleScroge like this.
  16. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Haven't seen one yet. (haven't seen very many 2019 or 2020 quarters at all. I've seen more 2021's than 2019 and 2020 combined.)

1stSgt22, Inspector43 and MaryK like this.
  17. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

I've never found one in CRH or in the wild through change. I have been the lucky recipient of a couple of W's from a very generous, special member here..... @Cheech9712

Thanks again Cheech :)

1stSgt22 and MaryK like this.
  18. Mark A Williams

Mark A Williams Active Member

No I'm still looking!

PamR, 1stSgt22 and MaryK like this.
  19. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

While helping my son clean out his truck, I found a beautiful one under his floor mat. He said keep it dad, I did. Since then, I have found only 3 in the wild. Good luck.

20. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

I've come across about half a roll (collectively) of "W" mint quarters to date in my change. The last one I got in my change was about a month ago. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. The one's I come across have pretty much been in very pristine condition. However, the one I found in circulation before the last one was very banged up. Sad but I kept it anyways.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  21. whopper64

whopper64 Well-Known Member

I have all ten (10) "w" quarters, all of them quoted as MS (from rolls). Found by others, waited until the furor died down and got each one for about $10 each. Feel more than worth it to reasonably make sure they were MS.
    I've added them to my inclusive collection and put them in with the "s" MS quarters in a Dansco album. My ATB collection contains silver proof, proof, "p" & "d" issued by the U.S. Mint as part of uncirculated sets, "p" & "d" from Mint rolls (circulating uncirculated), "s" from Mint rolls, the aforementioned "w" MS, 2017 enhanced "s" MS, and 2018 silver reverse proof issues. 412 quarters in four (4) Dansco albums.

PamR, 1stSgt22 and Inspector43 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted