West Point Quarters

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by CoinTech, Jun 13, 2019.

1. CoinTech

CoinTech Member

I have been searching for the new W mint mark Quarters by buying $500 box of quarters. I went through 2 boxes already with no luck. Does anybody know if the Federal Reserve is putting the W quarters in already circulated rolls, Mint Rolls or both. I have tried both with no luck.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

What do you mean by mint rolls?

FYI - the Fed isn't doing anything besides sending the quarters to the companies who roll the coin (Loomis, Brinks, etc...) Those companies are the ones rolling the coin and distributing them to banks/stores/etc

4. CoinTech

CoinTech Member

The box is full of 2019 mint state quarters only

5. furryfrog02

Those aren't from the "fed" perse. See my explanation above

6. CoinTech

CoinTech Member

so do you think that both types of boxes are getting the W quarters added to them

7. CoinTech

CoinTech Member

just wondering because going through so many of them and not even encountering one.

8. furryfrog02

They are. I know this because I've gotten W's from both fully circulated boxes and solid date/mm boxes.
    You may not be near one of the distribution points.

9. CoinTech

CoinTech Member

Ok thanks for your help I will just continue to buy the boxes and hope for the best.

10. furryfrog02

If you search online, there is an article that says where the distribution points are. I just happen to be in between 2 points so finding them is easier for me I suppose.

11. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

The US Mint ships out large ballistic bags of quarters (which contain about $80,000 worth) to processing companies. Before they ship out the large bag of quarters they throw on top a few scoops of W quarters.

So the US MINT has no direct involvement in your "rolls" nor boxes of rolls.

The question then becomes .. does Loomis/Brinks, etc take off teh W quarters, or just process the entire bag on it's own, etc.
    who knows. If they process sequentially, which the probably do, then they'll be a large batch of "W Rolls" then mostly rolls with no Ws.

Of course, they process them into rolls and they go into inventory.
    Depending upon their inventory is dependent upon when they'll go into distribution where you'll even have any chance to get any.

we were joking in another thread about this ... just go buy a ballistic bag.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  12. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

I got my first one last week, from Walgreen .

13. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Remember that only 2 million of each design were made.

14. Histman

Histman Too Many Coins, Not Enough Time!

Start sharing the wealth. :)

Tlberg likes this.
  15. furryfrog02

Right now I am trying to get one of each for my and my 3 kids. I have 3 Lowell and 12 American Memorial. I need one more Lowell. I plan on using the remaining 8 Memorials as trade material for other ones if I have trouble finding them :)

Histman, TexAg and Lawtoad like this.
  16. Clawcoins

guess I should go to Walgreens sooner or later ...

17. Rick Stachowski

It's a beauty too .
    upload_2019-6-14_12-40-47.jpeg upload_2019-6-14_12-41-5.jpeg
    Images are a little out of focus, but who cares ...

18. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

That is a nice looking one Rick. Now, please find one for me. :)

Tlberg and Rick Stachowski like this.
  19. Clawcoins

I'd give you 24 cents for it all in 1990ish cents with split plating and zinc rot.

20. Rick Stachowski

just got my second one yesterday .
    Thanks Walgreen .
    upload_2019-6-16_11-31-17.jpeg

onecenter and Clawcoins like this.
  21. Histman

Histman Too Many Coins, Not Enough Time!

So I've gone through probably $5,000.00 in quarters roll hunting for these dang "W" quarters. Not a thing. Got up this morning to get some anti-freeze at a gas station. Their card reader was down so I had to pay for it with cash. Wouldn't you know it -- American Memorial Park in my change. Go figure!

onecenter, Clawcoins and furryfrog02 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted