West Point Quarters

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Mr. Coin, May 9, 2019.

1. Mr. Coin

Mr. Coin Member

These scheme by the US mint has me searching rolls for the first time in about 30 years. Good news / bad news:

Bad news: I didn’t realize they were staging release so I’ve only got Lowell quarters. I also foolishly got two boxes.

Good news: 9 rolls in (all brand new quarters), I already have 6 quarters.

For anyone that was nervous, get some new rolls and you’ll find plenty.

Garlicus and spirityoda like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

What is the mintage of these quarters ?

4. man2004

man2004 Active Member

Below is what I found on coinews.net (reference)

10 Million ‘W’ Mint Mark 2019 Quarters

Equally divided across the five 2019 quarter designs, there will be a combined ten million "W" mint mark quarters made for circulation. They will be issued as part of the U.S. Mint’s America the Beautiful Quarters® Program which celebrates national parks and other national sites in each state, D.C., and U.S. territory.

This year’s quarters honor Lowell National Historic Park in Massachusetts (released Feb. 4), American Memorial Park in Northern Marianas Islands (released April 1), War in the Pacific National Historic Park in Guam (release on June 3), San Antonio Mission National Historical Park in Texas (release on Aug. 26), and the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness in Idaho (release on Nov. 4).”

How does the bank order “new rolls”?

spirityoda likes this.
  5. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the find!

6. twoshadows

twoshadows Member

The problem in my area is simple...the banks move coinage from branch to branch and I can't find a bank that orders through an armored car service so my hopes are slim to none. It appears there are a lot of guys on Ebay who do have banks getting the new quarters. Just not in southeastern Indiana! Would be nice to search a few rolls but don't think it will happen.

7. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Time to trade for a couple rolls OR move out of that area! :) J/k.

twoshadows likes this.
  8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

2,000,000 each for the 5 designs this year.

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

PS. These W mintmarks were only released at specific drop points so ordering new rolls may not get you one.

10. Master of Coin

Master of Coin New Member

How do people find out about the limited things?? It is seemingly a secret. I am a novice collector but have been buying straight from the mint for some things and there isn't a newsletter or anything about this kinda treasure hunt!

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  11. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I managed to trade a couple of the American Memorial Ws that I found yesterday for a couple of Lowells today at the Baltimore show. The guy I traded with was the only one I could find that had any. He said he was interested in buying my remaining ones but was really rude when he asked what I wanted to sell them for. I told him $25 or $30 considering he was selling for $35. He started spouting off about how am I trying to make him go broke and go out of business etc...I asked him what he thought a fair price was and he said the absolute highest he would go was $15. I told him to have a nice day.

twoshadows likes this.
  12. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

13. furryfrog02

spirityoda likes this.
  14. twoshadows

twoshadows Member

Banks who go through a LOT of coinage simply order and receive coins from an armored car service and those will be the banks that get the rolls of new quarters with the W mint marks mixed in. Lots of businesses will then receive them from the banks, such as gas stations, who will then unknowingly put them into circulation. I have some shops and stations watching for me but NO luck yet.

15. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

Sign up for the mint's newsletter. Frequent sites like Coin World, Coinnews.net and CoinTalk.

16. Tim Sweet

Tim Sweet Member

don't forget to look for dimes!! With the West Point Mint mark they are selling for $5-$17.00.

17. furryfrog02

The only "W" dime is from 1996. Not sure what you are talking about...

18. Tim Sweet

Tim Sweet Member

Sorry I meant pennies.

2019 W Lincoln Shield Cent Uncirculated 1¢ New Penny WEST POINT MINT
    $9.50
    Time left23h 5m left (Tue, 10:31 AM)
    7 bids

19. furryfrog02

Those are only found in the sets from the mint, FYI. Not out in circulation like the quarters.

Draft saved Draft deleted