West Point Quarter Hunt Complete

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by furryfrog02, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Interesting. I assume the silver coins were also in the customer wrapped?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I think there were a few. Most of them came from MWR though. Searching $1k a week for months on end will give you a decent little stack haha.

4. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Very nice. :happy:

5. Tuco

Tuco Active Member

I'd call your W hunt a big success Furry! Congrats! I'm picking up 2 ordered quarter boxes Wednesday and checking them this weekend. Did you send any in for grading or have some tempting ones? Looks like you got some really nice ones!

6. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

A couple weeks ago, I traded with another member to get the Guam W I needed. Today while organizing my coin collection, I ran across 5 MWR's I had put away a couple months ago and forgot about. To my surprise there was a Guam W in them.

furryfrog02 and TexAg like this.
  7. furryfrog02

I pulled some really really nice ones but none were sent for grading.

8. furryfrog02

Just like mine. I traded to get some Guams and the next week I got some in my weekly boxes. Then I traded for some San Antonios and got some in my next boxes. Oh well, such is life.

9. gbandy

gbandy Junior Member

Congratulations! This is very cool, can't believe I'm just now finding about these, I've obviously been living under a rock all year.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  10. Chuck_A

Chuck_A Well-Known Member

I've yet to see one, maybe scarce in the Northwest? Nice!

11. Chip Kirkpatrick

Chip Kirkpatrick Well-Known Member

If you are switching to halves, good luck. My first 2 boxes each yielded one ‘64 each. Then 2 boxes went nuts. A total of 22 90% coins (Kennedy’s and Franklins) and 36 40% coins plus 2 No FGs, 5 proofs and a double handful of NICs.
    The next few boxes harvested 3-4 silvers each. The next box had a single 1907 Barber.

I’ve done nearly 50 boxes since then and found one ‘67. Where did they all go?

12. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Things should pick up during the Christmas season and for a month or two afterwards.

13. furryfrog02

I've been doing a few boxes of halves a week along with the quarters. Unfortunately, I restarted halves in the summer when the pickings are slim. Like @TexAg said, things should pick up between now and usually go through March/April. At least that has been my experience in years past.

14. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Meow found another one yesterday. It was the same issue as the other one, but Meow is still happy to acquire another one for the Cat Hoard.

15. furryfrog02

Nice!
    I found another AMP "W" today in $100 CWR. Surprised to find them in customer rolls.

MeowtheKitty likes this.
  16. Lawtoad

Lawtoad Well-Known Member

Awesome. I have yet to find one in the wild.

MeowtheKitty likes this.
  17. MeowtheKitty

Yes, Meow was not expecting to find another one. Meow feels one can never have enough of these. The Cat hoard is craving more!

Lawtoad likes this.
  18. MeowtheKitty

Meow has just found a third W quarter! This time it is a War in the Pacific one. So Meow so far has found 2 Memorial park ones, and the 1 war in the Pacific one. Meow really felt that there where none of these in Meow's area. As Meow just could not score any BU rolls of any 2019 quarters. The last time Meow ever got paws on BU quarters rolls was last years Georgia issue. Meow is really excited to find these CRH!

furryfrog02 likes this.
  19. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

Congrats on your sets @furryfrog02!

The 2019Ds are finally making their way up here. Got a couple nice looking SAMs the other day in change. Still have yet to see a 2019W though.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  20. Larry E

Larry E Well-Known Member

21. furryfrog02

I sold 15 AMP "W"s today to fund the rest of our Baltimore Whitman show purchases.

MeowtheKitty, TexAg and Nathan401 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted