WENT TO THE BANK TODAY.....WOW

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by SmokinJoe, Jun 25, 2021.

1. SmokinJoe

SmokinJoe Well-Known Member

I went to the bank this morning to get some coins and something happened that
    blew me away......There was two tellers working, a guy who is kinda new, he just
    started a few months ago....And the boss of the tellers, who is a teller herself.
    The guy switched my rolled coins and told me to wait a minute because Ann
    ( The boss of the tellers ) wanted to see me before I left....So I waited a couple of
    minutes and Ann came up to me out of a room behind the counter, and had something
    in her hand.....She came up to me and handed me these coins, each one at a time
    letting me see them....I was shocked that this just happened....I wanted to give her
    some money for the change she just gave me but she saw me reaching for my wallet
    and like a cop would put his hand out to make you stop, she did the same thing...And
    told me " Oh no.....You have a nice day". Unbelievable S20210625_0001.jpg S20210625_0002.jpg S20210625_0003.jpg S20210625_0004.jpg S20210625_0005.jpg S20210625_0006.jpg S20210625_0007.jpg S20210625_0008.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

That's awesome. Especially the Mercury Dime . When's the last time someone gave you one from a bank ? That's Cool!

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

That's what happens when you treat others as you would expect them to treat you.

5. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Your post got me thinking about Mrs. Mueller. Mrs. Mueller was a customer on my brother's paper route (New Haven Register) in the early '70s. She was also the Head Teller (and eventually, Manager) of the Union Trust Bank in Madison, Ct.

She had a large clutch purse packed full of silver coins she pulled from circulation. Every Friday, when my brother would make his collections, Mrs. Mueller paid him with silver coins. I was so jealous!

6. JPD3

JPD3 Well-Known Member

Wow. What a nice piece of customer service. I say buy a bunch of pizzas for that bank crew.:)

7. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

That head teller needs some flowers.

8. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

I hope you buy those tellers something. A box of donuts, cookies, or something like that.

9. Mac McDonald

Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

...or something... :woot:

wxcoin, LuckyCoin, sel w and 3 others like this.
  10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Take her to lunch one day. She deserves it! Wonderful woman and a great person.

11. SmokinJoe

You are so right....It is Cool! Awesomely Cool!! :happy: And the answer to your question is.....NEVER.....EVER

LuckyCoin, sel w and Copper lover like this.
  12. SmokinJoe

Your so right, I totally agree

13. SmokinJoe

Lunch....That's a good idea...I saw a ring on her finger so know that she is married but I will ask her.

14. SmokinJoe

Yeah....I won't let this go without a thank you gift or lunch...This blew me away, never ever expected anything like this...

15. SmokinJoe

Yeah....No way can I accept this without a thank you gift.

16. SmokinJoe

I agree....She needs and will get a gift from me.

17. SmokinJoe

A nice gift is definitely coming her way, this I promise.

18. SmokinJoe

Wow.....Guessing my banker is related to Mrs Mueller

19. SmokinJoe

Can not argue with that, because that statement is as true as true can be

20. SmokinJoe

Hey Guys, question about that 1939 dime...On the obverse there seems to be a faded W mint mark on the right side.....But on the reverse there is a S mint mark
    on the lower left side....??....Are they somehow both "connected"?

21. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

A within W for Adolph Weinman (the artist)

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted