Went to my first coin show!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ccarroll, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Stephan77

Stephan77 Well-Known Member

I still enjoy a good coin show. Yes, the coins are usually overpriced, but in the right situation, a good deal can be had. Always better to see the coin in hand, than the best of pics on eBay.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jeff Wuller

Jeff Wuller New Member

Love coin shows, I attend about 25 per year!

4. OldGoldGuy

OldGoldGuy Members Only Jacket

I have been to 2 shows in the last month. At both shows, I was offered two items, one at each show, that I simply could not turn down. One was a kilo silver bar below spot. One was a Morgan. I stack to a degree, not like a zompocalypse prepper, but I do. And I don't collect Morgans. The bar looks good in the safe. The Morgan I sold yesterday and pretty much paid for the bar. But both times, I didn't have enough cash in my wallet. Luckily my bank is on every corner, and I was able to give the person what I had on me to hold it for 30mins. But both following Mondays, I has some 'splaining to do. My wife hates cash withdrawls. Never understood why.

I always spend more than I plan at shows.

5. ccarroll

ccarroll Member

I had to laugh at the idea of my having "picked" a show. It was totally accidental. I had just started to think about avenues for me to inquire ... and I heard about the show ... and it just happened to be within walking distance ... and I'd emailed the guy who was the contact person and he was very nicely encouraging.

Luckily for me, I don't mind announcing up front that I don't know anything, and I'm used to asking a lot of questions! (Just like I'm doing here.)

Draft saved Draft deleted