Welp... My auctions ended...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by vision, Jul 31, 2012.

1. vision

vision Senior Member

I thought I had them grouped fairly nicely. Morgans with Peace, Franklins with Benjamins and Liberties (all 90% 50c), mercurys with roosevelts (90%s), and then had all the non-precious metal coins in one group, buillion bars/coins in another, etc etc.

Pretty much all the mostly non-precious metal auctions, have brought in way more than I have expected though.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. miedbe7

miedbe7 Wayward Collector

Yea, that sounds appropriate. For some reason I thought the groupings were odd. But, it could've just been a related auction I was looking at; I get lost on ebay for hours, from time to time. LOL!

4. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

Yea just pointing before we have some new members' reading this and jump into the shark tank and start bidding. In fact IMO this was pretty good strategy couple years ago but these days it is harder and harder to find bargains (at least in world coins front), for me the best strategy these days have been to just contact the seller especially when they are selling off inherited coins and strike a deal with them.

5. buddy16cat

buddy16cat Well-Known Member

Would you get more if you sold the coins separately? I know that the 30 cent Paypal fee may eat some profits but notice that larger lots go for less per coin but single coins go for more. Of course there is a difference between what a collector would pay as oppose to a silver bug but collectors are often after a certain coin, like a specific coin with a specific date and mintmark and may not buy all the coins just to get one they want.

6. buddy16cat

There certain benefits of having physical silver. If the dollar ever falls out, a piece of paper will do you no good. Isn't there something also about delivery. Of course large quantities of silver have to be stored where futures don't. Of course my favorite coins to buy at melt are those that can be sold to collectors for more like this one:
    1898barber.jpg

7. HowardStern

HowardStern Member

Listing any coin on ebay starting at .99 is absurd!

8. buddy16cat

I did that once for a group of world coins I overpaid for thinking they may be silver to get rid of them. I cancelled the auction thinking I would give them away free after shipping and fees. Ebay said that you should always start the auction at the bare minimum you would accept for the item. Some coins though are only worth 99 cents.

Draft saved Draft deleted