Well that is awkward....

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ddddd, Dec 3, 2018.

1. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Check with what Jeff Garrett wrote about the New York Bank Hoard/Horde. “Amazingly few toned coins”, almost as if the “usual” rate was somehow, ohh, I dunno, CONTRIVED somehow?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mumu

mumu Junior Member

Maybe the nefarious ants that break into the vaults and tone the coins took the day off.

4. V. Kurt Bellman

5. V. Kurt Bellman

6. V. Kurt Bellman

Or that 5,000 pop of Morgans had not yet had the usual "background radiation" rate of "manufactured toners" made from it.

7. mumu

mumu Junior Member

5000 more white morgans. Fun.

8. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

There are plenty of bags of Morgan Dollars that yielded no rainbow toned coins. The presence of toning is completely dependent upon storage conditions. Just because 5 bags were stored in a way that was not conducive to toning, that is not proof that rainbow toned coins from other bags are AT. The mere implication of that makes you look like a lunatic. I have repeatedly warned you about making hyperbolic statements and spreading conspiracy theories, but if you wanna take your own reputation out to the woodshed, I will no longer try to stop you.

9. V. Kurt Bellman

It. Is. What. I. Fully. And. Completely. Believe.

Get used to hearing it.

When a figure as important as Jeff Garrett found the LACK of toners noteworthy, and mention-worthy, I listen. You, a person literally and figuratively "INVESTED" in toners, yes, YOU have a need to explain something. Do it, don't shoot the messenger.

You, and "Lucy", "got some 'splainin' to do."

10. mumu

mumu Junior Member

I think that use of periods after each word confirms lunacy.

11. V. Kurt Bellman

You have lots to explain too. Like why you value damaged coins over undamaged ones. Your avatar coin is a "hot mess". I'm not sure I could resist putting it in some Kodak S-10.

12. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

I completely destroyed your conspiracy theory so instead of admitting defeat, you double down by name dropping. Here is the thing, if that guy doesn’t understand the very basic point I made, he doesn’t deserve the adulation you are giving him.

Furthermore, I’m not heavily invested in toners. I have long since sold the majority of my toned coins. But hey, that doesn’t fit the narrative of your conspiracy theory, so you just keep repeating it.

13. mumu

mumu Junior Member

You need to read the rules, you have plenty of time.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2018
  14. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

15. V. Kurt Bellman

Buh-bye.

Draft saved Draft deleted