Well that is awkward....

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ddddd, Dec 3, 2018.

1. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

In Eastern PA, "shyster" is a term of endearment. It only goes down from there. Lawyers IN THE IMMEDIATE FAMILY get "shyster".

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  4. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Forgive me, but the OCD is flaring up today....

You are = you're, not your.

5. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I think this last paragraph above is by far the smartest think you ever said. I adore you

6. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

You didn’t get my point. It’s not about the date. Nevermind.

7. V. Kurt Bellman

I do think there are a couple of folks who MIGHT pass courtroom muster. Q. David Bowers except for his advanced age whereby a lawyer might try to confuse him, and Don Kagin, right now the only known Ph.D. holder in Numismatics.

But Scott Travers? Nah, you couldn't get him to stop kissing up his own arm long enough to even GIVE testimony.

8. Cheech9712

You stand up to kurt pretty good. You have great wisdom in the tonning field. You fight a good fight

9. Cheech9712

Are you really. really sure about this. Cuz I'm on the fence on this one

10. V. Kurt Bellman

If you even consider what toners think they know as "wisdom", which I do not. I consider it "pretty good educated guessing" at its very zenith.

11. V. Kurt Bellman

Yes, I've gotten 95% of the way there. Not on rainbow per se, but on that splotchy brown randomly shaped crud that brings ridiculous prices in Heritage and S/B catalogs. Did it in person at an ANA show.

12. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

Sorry, it wasn't directed at you. I was just trying to add my two cents to the discussion and agree it was meant to follow Kurt's comments.

13. Cheech9712

That's 2 questions. @V. Kurt Bellman. Waiting for answer to first question. I just want to know one thing. Just one. Thing about tonning that i'm sure about.

14. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Are you claiming that mottled brown/russet toning is now generating premiums? Can you give us a link at least?

15. V. Kurt Bellman

Okay, just for you.

THIS is why I think terms are important. I have ALWAYS considered Morgan dollars a subject apart. If I INCLUDE Morgans, the answer to the first question is ONE number. If I EXCLUDE Morgans, it's a way lower number.

Then we have to agree what it takes to be considered a "rainbow toned coin". If it includes these ridiculous recent ASE's, that's one thing. If it includes ONLY the Morganish TYPE of rainbow toning, we get another answer. Since NEITHER the numerator NOR the denominator is adequately defined, only a fool would guess.

16. V. Kurt Bellman

Oh for crying out loud! Only about every major sale catalog on my SHELF! Mostly it gets baked into a ridiculous grade. And yes, I AM saying that color per se sometimes RADICALLY boosts grades.

17. Cheech9712

Yeah. So so true. Thats how i feel. Thanks for asking

18. V. Kurt Bellman

Cheech, free yourself from the entire debacle. Make your self a nice cup of herbal tea, get into a lotus position (Yeah, like THAT ship ain't sailed for me!). Then repeat over and over to yourself, "All toning is damage. All toning is damage." [repeat]

Judy Garland ruby slippers are optional, on account of the lotus position and all.

Presto! The whole darned issue just POOF, goes away.

19. Cheech9712

I agree. Just wanted to hear it

20. Cheech9712

Thanks. I feel better already

21. V. Kurt Bellman

But there is one thing for certain. However we define those terms, the percentage is falling. The percentage of legit rainbow coins is falling. The raw NUMBER of faked coins is rising. That is ENOUGH for HUGE concern. The whole thing blows up if and when (more when) the coin docs push TOO hard and supply literally explodes. Then it's over. It is the human condition.

Draft saved Draft deleted