Well I never?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Nana4444, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Nana4444

Nana4444 New Member

Morning coin world, I have couple of weird color coins and need some information about these cents. They're all different colors, but my 1980's seem to have the most colors. So if anyone has any identifying information it would be appreciated. PIC256.jpg PIC254.jpg PIC252.jpg PIC251.jpg PIC257.jpg PIC259.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Two things you should know.. First, Natural Environmental toning. Cents change colors over time depending where they have been.
    And. Lincoln Cents minted from 1909 until mid 1982 were struck on Copper Planchets. From mid 1982 until today they have been struck on Copper Plated Zinc Cents. That is why your 80's Cents look a bit different. Sometimes they may have a brassy color to them which is normal.

Artists can actually take all the different tones and have made a portrait of Lincoln!
    cent.jpg

All your Cents are worth 1 Cent each.

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Here is another example..
    969f3584f23fa39c0c8b690d6efb6c26--speed-art-school-videos.jpg

5. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

Will you post pics. of the top left corner coin. as clear as possible.

6. bradgator2

bradgator2 Well-Known Member

paddyman98 likes this.
  7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Just different forms of toning, some are environmental. They are all spenders.

8. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

You may also have some plated cents in that bunch. It was a common HS chemistry experiment to electroplate pennies. If you have any silver colored cents, it's almost a certainty that they were plated after they left the mint

penniesb.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted