Welcome to the New Coin Talk!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Peter T Davis, Jul 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coingeek12

coingeek12 Well-Known Member

I like it. it looks more professional than the other one (not saying that the previous version didn't look pro)

-coingeek12

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Brandon, going forward, you can use the Watch Thread tool to do that for you.

4. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

Doug, I'm aware of that feature, but the benefit of the separate likes was that I had "flagged" many coins in the "Post your most recent acquisition" thread. That way, every time I wanted to look back at things I flagged, I didn't have to go through the hundreds (or thousands) of posts in that single thread to find what I had "liked". It's much more useful to be able to flag a response within a thread for the types of things I do, than to flag/watch the entire thread.

5. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

First time I have been on this July I was surprised to see the change. Its going to take me some time to adjust, but it looks more modern if that means anything.

6. GDJMSP

Yeah I can see your point, never thought of it like that.

7. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

GD how come you only have 48 points? Is your popularity dipping? :D

or have we now reached a stage where i am your new BFF? :D

8. AWORDCREATED

AWORDCREATED Hardly Noticeable

What is the Wiki link for in the upper menu bar? I get an error "
    Coin Talk - Error
    You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
    "

I dislike not having permission :(

9. GDJMSP

Right now it's nothing, but in the future it will be.

10. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

11. biged239

biged239 Member

Hey I'm back. Every time I went to log on to Coin Talk it gave me an error page. This morning I looked a little harder on page and there was a home button. I clicked on it and here I am. Great new look Peter. Good to be back.

12. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

sorry if this has already been asked but what happened to our Library of Uploaded Images??

13. GDJMSP

Delete your old CT bookmark and create a new one. Then that problem will go away.

14. GDJMSP

What exactly do you mean by Library of Uploaded Images ?

I think (but I'm not sure) you are asking about the way the old software worked, like when you wanted to post a pic and you clicked on the Insert Image icon a window would open that allowed you to pick from all of your previously posted pics.

If that is what you are asking about, this software doesn't do that. But your pics are still in the threads where you posted them.

If you are asking about Member Albums, or Group Images - Peter still has all the Group Images sitting in a waiting area, I can see it but I don't think you guys can. And eventually he will get around to making that all part of the forum again - I hope. As for Member Albums, not sure about those, I can't even find them. But I suspect Peter still has them all stored away someplace until a later date.

As I have mentioned before, there is still a lot of stuff yet to come. New and different things that members could never do before, new areas for the forum that we never had before. When will all of that come to be ? Good question.

Ask the Shadow, maybe he knows :D

15. coingeek12

coingeek12 Well-Known Member

what happened to the albums and groups?

16. Bambooski

Bambooski Obsessed YN :)

What happened to the blogs?

17. 19Lyds

That's exactly what I am asking about.

18. 19Lyds

What could a member possibly have wanted to do which is not available yet?

I mean, what else is there to do other than respond to posts and post pictures?

19. GDJMSP

Same thing that happened to albums and groups. You can't just take data from 1 software program and import into another entirely different software program. There's a lot of work that goes into it. Like I said guys, there's a lot of stuff that Peter hasn't gotten around to yet and there are changes coming.

20. GDJMSP

Well, for example, take a look at the main menu bar at the top of the page. There's 2 things up there (they don't work yet) that were never there before - Resources & Wiki. That should give you a clue about part of it.

And we used to have a feature called the Best of Coin Talk, although it always seemed to me that very few ever took the trouble to read it. That, and other things along those lines, are yet to come.

21. CoinsExplorer

CoinsExplorer Member

So far my experience here has been great. Enjoying the site. Lots of information here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.