Welcome back Stevex6

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Sallent, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

I noticed Stevex6 is back, and while our relationship on this site has ranged from really great to strained at times, nevertheless I'm pleased to see him back and can't wait to see what coins he has aquired during his vacation away from here.

To welcome Stevex6 back, I think it's only fitting to post coins that you got because you were inspired by a coin Stevex6 showed off.

Here is mine. I had no idea this coin existed until Stevex6 posted his sweet example, and I started to crave it since then. Had it not been for him showing his off, I don't think I'd have one today.

4tqYmS5Px2dGcX6nA8zy79wDTi37cM (1).jpg
    SELJUQ OF RUM: Kaykhusraw II, 1236-1245, AR dirham , Siwas, AH 639, A-1218, lion & sunface, star left of sunface

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

Oops, this is embarrassing. I saw a thread with only a few posts at the top of the page, and Stevex6 had some likes (so I assumed he was back and liking new threads), but I just noticed the top 3 or 4 posts are actually from June 1. Consider this a false Stevex6 sighting. Sorry.

Guess Stevex6 is like Elvis, even when he is not around people still see him all over the place.

4. ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight Well-Known Member

Is he coming back after his ban is lifted?

5. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Yes.

6. gregarious

gregarious E Pluribus Unum

is he back?!? alrighty then!.. i was thinkin' of his hippo when i got this Octilla. welcome back stevers, we missed ya:) Otacilia sest. new empress coins rocks 002.JPG Otacilia sest. new empress coins rocks 005.JPG

7. gregarious

O, big O... heck!.. Elvis didn't leave the building.. he ain't here yet!:oops:

Sallent and Ancient Aussie like this.
  8. ValiantKnight

This was his first ban here on CT right? If so, 4+ years since joining up without being kicked off seems like a good streak for Steve lol (although I realize there were close calls).

9. gregarious

i think he's been here much longer than 4 years.. last time i looked at the members board he wuz a few under Peter Davis

10. Mikey Zee

Mikey Zee Delenda Est Carthago

Frankly, I missed the fact that he was 'temporarily banned'. I miss his threads and I could post several cool coins that he has inspired me to purchase. It just ain't CT without him:(

spirityoda and Ancient Aussie like this.
  11. Ancient Aussie

Ancient Aussie Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it, just repost this thread in a week or two when his back, I am sure he will appreciate it still. :D

12. Ken Dorney

Ken Dorney Yea, I'm Cool That Way...

Well, I could have sworn I saw several posts by him today or so. Maybe he got bumped off again!?

13. 4to2centBC

4to2centBC Well-Known Member

There have been random sightings by paparazzi and phone laden tourists.....but most look like fakes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This last photo was sent in from Canada ........... very complex hedge mazes up there I here...eh?

[​IMG]

14. ValiantKnight

His join up date is January of 2013. Me and several others came over with him in what I like to call the "Second Great Barbarian Invasion" :D

Stevearino, dougsmit, Jwt708 and 3 others like this.
  15. gregarious

he's made an "appearance" here a time or 2, but not under stevex6. if you're like me, i may see a recent post on an old thread and not pay any attention to the dates on the other post till afterwards. eh, he'll be flattered and amazed we all wuz making a fuss over'em anyway:)

16. gregarious

O..lol.. ok..

17. Ken Dorney

Probably the case. His profile says:

stevex6 was last seen: Jun 9, 2017

gregarious likes this.
  18. TIF

TIF Always learning.

???

He has not been on the board at all since ~June 9th, not even lurking, not under another name. (I have kept in touch with him outside of CT)

All of the "sightings" are simply old threads being resurrected.

Stevearino likes this.
  19. Ken Dorney

No, he was pointing out to a few anonymous posts from brand new members on one of the 'where's Steve' threads, messages in which might seem to have been from him. Could have just been a troll though. I have no idea.

gregarious likes this.
  20. ValiantKnight

21. ro1974

ro1974 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted