Weird yellow penny

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by faeylin, Jul 5, 2007.

1. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

I dunno looks faked to me

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Geliboy

Geliboy New Member

I got the same today .. 1 cents 1996.jpg

4. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

This thread is almost five years old lol.

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

6. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

This is exactly right. Or it has been exposed to heat, or the sun for a period of time.

7. coinfanatic101

coinfanatic101 New Member

You know, there is a chemistry project that brass-plates the penny. It involves heating the penny after soaking it for a long time in a cocktail of sodium hydroxide and zinc. I'm sure it could be the product of a high school science class

8. dragonwarriorfan

dragonwarriorfan New Member

He's not the only one, I found one last night. and looking at it, its not been altered, baked, or anything, but it does look like it was made different.

9. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

It's most likely altered.

10. Nevadabell

Nevadabell A picture of me.

I think that it could be a modern coin that is missing the zinc shell. These trade online for about $4-$5.

11. Odd Coins

Odd Coins New Member

I have gotten a 2007 yellow green penny out of a roll about a week ago, I also have a collection over the years of zinc pennies 1991 and 1992D and copper nickels dimes and quarters

12. Kitty_67

Kitty_67 New Member

Thanks for all your inputs.... I just found a 1998 yellow penny with no S under the date and super shiny.

13. Write2bfree

Write2bfree Active Member

Yours looks like mine except way cleaner

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

14. Califlominn

Califlominn New Member

it is sooo sad, & actually, i am forcing myself to NOT be lost for words....it is embarrassing & then some & i will try to make a point:
    In this "field of study" & even slight interest & intrigue; it is not as though the participants, from slightly curious, amateur hobbyist(myself), up to wise, <1%er experts; would not share being detail-orient(at)ed, able to maintain focus on minutiae, 50/50 chance for eccentricism LOL & an above average short & long term memory AND that sharing some photographic style capabilities. None of these attributes, characteristics, STEREOTYPES are bad. OK BUT, reading MOST of the responses; embarrassing!!! even, i think i lost some I.Q. the responses are ridiculous & riddled w/ allegations of fraud, even large scale CONSPIRACY THEORIES!!!!! Like I said, embarrassing dumbening. People, lets be smart, use common sense (after practicing w/ our eyes first), knowledge, positive thoughts

15. pearl

pearl New Member

16. mr.b

mr.b New Member

I have the same yellow penny but mine is metal detected.i don't understand.

17. old penny

old penny New Member

I have a 1929 kroningjk de netherlanden penny with a tiny hole on the edge anybody know what it's worth?

18. Jeff Mccombs

Jeff Mccombs New Member

Today i found a 1993 penny that looks like gold and thete is no letter under the year that i can find any info

19. Beefer518

Beefer518 Well-Known Member

This has got to be one of the most bizarre threads on CT. Brought back from the dead multiple times, a weird, OT reply from Califlominn, and not one of the owners of one of these "yellow pennies" is capable of reading before they post. :banghead:

20. AnonymousCoinCollector

AnonymousCoinCollector Reintroduce silver coins to circulation!

Yeah, they are all just altered cents. Either plated or dipped in some chemical. Not worth anything.

21. Carly Harp

Carly Harp New Member

I also have a yellow penny from1973 no mint Mark (see photo) I have never seen one before and don’t knot the worth.

Draft saved Draft deleted