Weekend shopping: 1863 State of Florida $2 Note

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Sallent, Oct 3, 2026 at 3:02 PM.

  1. Sallent

    Sallent Live long and prosper

    Well, I guess I have been on a little bit of a shopping spree for paper money lately, but before I brought my little spree to an end, I knew I had to end it with a Florida note. There is no way as a Floridian I can simply walk away and go another two or three months without purchasing any paper money, unless I have a Florida note.

    ZomboDroid_03102026111659.jpg

    Florida had their own paper currency issued in 1863 due to coin shortage, and their notes are all elaborate and beautiful.....the one side that has anything anyway.

    This one is no different with the train vignette and all the other beautiful vignettes. And it's signed by Governor Milton, who upon hearing that the Union won the war and slavery was gone, cried and then went off to blow his brains out.

    Anyway, I'm happy to take a break from acquisitions for a few weeks now that I got my Florida note, which I really wanted to close this spree with.

    Maybe next year I'll hunt down the equally stunning Florida $1 and $3 notes.

    Please feel free to post any Florida related notes from any Florida private banks, railroads, etc., or even the State of Florida.
     
    dwhiz likes this.

Share This Page