Web error note

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by SteveInTampa, Aug 28, 2017.

1. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I don't remember seeing too many printed fold-over Web errors and was wondering what this example is worth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

What does it look like unfolded?
    Explain this grade to me. It's 30 but EPQ?

4. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

Seems to me I have seen a few web note errors. They arent common. I have no clue on value but I would assume it would cost more than a typical foldover error. Im not a big currency guy but when it comes to web notes, I will snatch em up.

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I have seen 2 over the years at coin shows. If I remember correctly the price the dealers were asking was $500.00 and $700.00
    But you know how it goes. Sellers can price items anything they want. I say $400.00

6. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

You're going to have to use your imagination to visualize it unfolded.....it's in a TPG holder and I'm unable or better yet, will not cut it out of the holder to show it to you unfolded. Sorry

The EPQ designation is to let you know the note is not washed, pressed or have any pinholes. The note is circulated, but with original paper qualities.

Michael K likes this.
  7. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

I believe the EPQ stands for Exceptional Paper Quality.

8. Drawde

Drawde Lurking and learning...

If I wanted to get an accurate price estimate for that WEB-note Error, I would contact Rocky Manning (LI Currency Club), he is the WEB-Error King! He owns many including the 3rd printing on the reverse error! Tell him that Dollarsavr sent you...

9. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Executive Currency or Denley's of Boston may be of some help in valuation. Both well known and respected.

10. Drawde

Drawde Lurking and learning...

I just got off the Heritage Auctions site and found another WEB-note Error listed in a current sale. It is a "F*/FL" Serial Error and is estimated to go for $20,000.
    I am sure that my Face Plate Scratch and Reverse Green Ink Smear notes go for a lot less that that. I also have some 3rd printing-shift errors along with some "Broken Axel" FRN Serial errors. Those are easy to spot when you see the space between FRN Serial digits larger that it should be. It happens in both upper and lower serials...
    I never have had my WEB "F-*" graded.

Draft saved Draft deleted