We have a new Moderator on the forum !

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by GDJMSP, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Did you really need to add another moderator just before the annual bribes were due? Send me your mailing address @lordmarcovan and I’ll send your envelope over.

JK, but seriously, a great choice and a nice addition to an already exemplary staff here at CT. Good luck with the crazies.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I had wondered about @chrisild's status. Ironically, Doug's "you're drafted!" message came to me when I was myself on a (brief) hiatus. I have them from time to time, but I guess I'll need to keep 'em fairly short now.

4. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

So the moderators do not form a volunteer army, but the draft is in place?

5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

In fact, I'm pretty sure volunteering to be a moderator is one sure way to get taken off the list.

Without getting political, this is only one example of "people who really want the position are probably the last ones who should have it"... :rolleyes:

6. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Well, what I meant was that it sounded like LordM logged on one day and found he was a moderator without being asked. Perhaps he did not want to be.

That actually happened to me with the now defunct discussion forum GoldSilverChat. One day I logged on and was a moderator. I had never been asked. I did not really want it.

7. -jeffB

LOL. I suppose they could give someone moderator rights without their consent, but forcing that member to act as a moderator might be tricky.

8. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

No. Rob forgot to mention that the "you're drafted" part was a joke.

9. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

It’s nice to see such unanimity on CT; three pages and not a single post decrying the OP’s (except for our expected tongue-in-cheek responses which make CT such a great place IMHO). All proof of the quality of the choice.

Welcome @lordmarcovan!

Steve

10. Bert Gedin

Bert Gedin Well-Known Member

Us Battery Numismatists welcome you, Rob. You're not an extremist moderator, are you ? :pompous:

11. -jeffB

And how come "moderate" and "moderator" are words, but "extremator" isn't?

12. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

How come potations are potable but editions are not edible? English is a funny language.

13. Bert Gedin

Bert Gedin Well-Known Member

My side of the argument is always right, Harry, and the other, sad, guy is always wrong !!!

14. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Oh cool. I adore him. He has some of the more interesting coins in his collection. Great news

15. Cheech9712

Cute and funny

16. Cheech9712

Thats just for starters. He's Scottish. Its a caber (telephone poll) hope I'm right.

17. Black Friar

Black Friar Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, and thanks for your service. Ok, that's a bit much, but, you do deserve the adulation of the masses. There I go again, how about a simple Thank You.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  18. -jeffB

"Funny" in a "laugh to avoid screaming" sense.

"Why is my language so weird? Because it doesn't borrow words -- it beats up other languages in dark alleys, then rifles their pockets for spare grammar and loose vocabulary."

Stevearino and lordmarcovan like this.
  19. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Kudos to our new moderator - a promotion deserves a new, improved hat ;)

416peAl7uDL.jpg

Clawcoins and Stevearino like this.
  20. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

congrats, rob!

you're gonna be great!

21. shagbark acres

shagbark acres Supporter! Supporter

Congratulations Rob .

Draft saved Draft deleted