Way Off Center Penny

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Swan, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Mike185

Mike185 Well-Known Member

I think there’s a typo. I believe you meant to put the decimal in a different spot!! Just kidding. That is a extremely cool find!! My offer still stand.. lol

Swan likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Swan

Swan A millon dollars short of being a millionaire

oops... thanks for pointing that out.
    24900.00 S&H

Mike185 likes this.
  4. Mike185

Mike185 Well-Known Member

No no! Wronge way!!! To bad there not a date!! Is it rotated die?

5. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

Nice find!

3D0347DE-8F1D-48C1-9A4A-91E5329C70B3.png

Islander80-83 and Swan like this.
  6. Swan

No. No rotated die. That would have been nice.

7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

@Swan
    Nice find! It is 50% Off-Center..
    This was my latest CoinStar reject bin find.. In Puerto Rico! During my vacation...
    20191011_153339(1).jpg 20191011_153348(1).jpg

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    Swan likes this.
  8. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

giphy (2).gif

Swan and Oldhoopster like this.
  9. Neal

Neal Well-Known Member

I find it interesting that the color and wear indicate it spent some time in circulation before going into the machine. That means it was handled and spent with no one noticing it until the machine did.

Swan likes this.
  10. Swan

Maybe some kid spent his parents coin collection and it went back into circulation.

11. Neal

Neal Well-Known Member

Quite possibly, but it still was in circulation for a while before the machine kicked it out. If a kid spent it where I was a clerk, or even most non-collectors, it would never have made it any farther.

12. Chip Kirkpatrick

Chip Kirkpatrick Well-Known Member

For those who do use a coin counter be advised there is a reject tray INSIDE of the machine. I regularly make them open it up after I deposit coins. Once 7 of my half dollars were in there and the cup was almost over flowing. I made them dump everything into my box. They protested but I insisted and they did. Among the coins was a foreign coin that I was offered nearly $450 for.

Swan likes this.
  13. spenser

spenser Active Member

Swan likes this.
  14. Corn Man

Corn Man Well-Known Member

This summer when i was getting Gatorade for a work out i found a 1946 dime in a coinstar then about a month ago covered in corroded cents and a broken key and 2 bus tokens i got a 1945 quarter

Swan likes this.
  15. Swan

It's amazing this much silver is still in circulation. Especially after silver went to over $40 an oz several years ago.

16. Corn Man

Corn Man Well-Known Member

Yeah i Coin hunt weekly you will be surprised how many war nickels i find and buffalos but its getting harder and harder to find silver on average I find a 90% silver every 2 weeks to a month. It also helps I work at a icecream shop kids stealing there parents coins to buy ice cream had a merc Dime and 3 silver Rosies come in the other night.

Draft saved Draft deleted