Washing circulated silver coins with mild soap and water

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Doc J, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Robert91791

Robert91791 Well-Known Member

Test observation was on clad coin only.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Robert91791

Simple. Use the same coin. before and after.

4. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

What's with all the hahahahahahaha? Laughing at your own statements?

5. Robert91791

I'm laughing at you....hahaha

6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Robert, you can continue your line of discussion, but lose the haha bit. Read the rules in the 2nd forum of the list. I am laughing at people in this thread also, but silently sir. Jim

7. Robert91791

I will stop posting on this particular thread. People are just not friendly...I've block them already. that should keep the peace. Thanks.

8. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Try being here for years and never blocking anyone, it is usually the voice you don't wanna here that is the most beneficial for you!

-jeffB likes this.
  9. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Each of us is entitled to collect whatever they choose to. Be it coins, paper money, art antiques. You don't collect; you hoard! You can laugh at me or any other member but your laugh is not humorous, it's more like that of a clown. I've already hit the ignore button on you. You should feel honored as you are the first person I've done that to.

10. Doc J

Doc J Mr. Brightside

I really had no idea that my mild washing of melt coins could cause a controversy.

I say it did have a positive result on some old 1916-1947 Liberty Walking 50 cent coins ("Walkers") as I'd say they needed more attention as they are very nice coins. The other newer Franklin (1948-1963) coins are close to being more valuable above melt in the future.

I am concentrating on the coins that have fallen in value lately. I am all over the Liberty and Saint-Gaudens gold coins that are sinking in value.

I am out of buying those high production Morgan coins that I see for silly prices. They are not that rare, and they are in bubble territory.

Here are a couple of mine.

Attached Files:

Robert91791 likes this.
  11. Robert91791

Thank you for sharing your Morgan dollars. They are beautiful. Too bad I don't have one, I didn't want to pay a premium on any of them. Maybe one of these days. Im just happy with just collecting what's in circulation right now. Again, thank you for sharing your amazing Morgans.

12. Robert91791

Don't forget that you yourself is also an expert on coins and you don't have to be a certified grading provider to figure that out as you have shown.

13. Robert91791

It's great to see someone like you who are able to recognize the bubble like the U.S economy. Boom or bust..cycle...You're smart and keep up the great work.

14. Dynoking

Dynoking Well-Known Member

One problem with cleaning circulated coins is the "new" shinny"surface" doesn't match the wear and tear of a circulated coin making it stand out as being cleaned. (Forgive me if someone has already pointed this out. I've only read the first out of eight pages before writing this)

Robert91791 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted