Was This Worth It?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by ChristopherCollectsCoin, Dec 4, 2019.

1. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Yup. At this point, I'd be confident enough in its authenticity to pay my own money for it.

Evan Saltis likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Yeah I think you did really well, good for you! :D

4. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

Helped a widow last year with husband’s collection. Had 2 of these gold issues mixed in with the silver items. They look funny since you don’t see them in commerce. It looks ok to me but I’m not an expert

5. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Many unknowledgeable folk will think those gold commems are similar to the "golden" dollars, just worth $5 instead of $1.

Of course the people that originally bought them know the difference. But in estates etc family members may not.

GeorgeM likes this.
  6. Ana Silverbell

Ana Silverbell Well-Known Member

You paid less than you would have paid for these if you bought them directly from Littleton. haha

What type of auction was this? Online? Or a local fundraiser auction where this type of thing can happen more often?

7. Whodowl

Whodowl Member

Love the simplicity of your ruler app, which one is it specifically ? Many to choose from on the app store and not finding yours. Thank you

8. TexasCharley

TexasCharley Member

Well? The suspense is killing me here...

9. ChristopherCollectsCoin

ChristopherCollectsCoin Active Member

I ended up selling the gold piece for $400. Recently sold the '64 for $15. I only used a app called Ruler as well. Money was used for Christmas and was great! Hope everyone was okay this year.

10. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member

The differing mintages are for the proof and uncirculated varieties (both of which were minted in smaller numbers than Congress authorized because the demand wasn't there).

11. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

Yes there was. It first appeared on the 1984-W Olympic $10 commem.

Evan Saltis likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted