Warning!~Horribly Over Priced Error Note~

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by clembo, Jun 26, 2010.

1. clembo

clembo A closed mind is no mind

Howdy folks,

I'm not one that normally "picks on" an ebay auction or seller these days but this one hit home real hard.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1995-1-FRN-PART...289151&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=7536150349471153977

Now why did it hit so hard? We have a very similar note on ebay right now where I work. Ours is a 1977 and an unusally dark transfer IMHO. We started it at $9 with no reserve.
    Last I checked it was at $9 and two bids from the same bidder.

I'd be surprised if it goes for over $50 and quite possibly less and quite possibly more. If it goes for $800 we'd be thrilled. A note like that catalogues about $75 actually.

Our auction is not a page of bells and whistles and "predictions". It's an auction with a good pic and may the highest bidder win and enjoy the note. I like errors and wouldn't mind this one actually but it's at auction by my employer. Of course I could bid and win but I figure it will go higher than I want to pay.

Bottom line is the auction I put up here is a joke and the seller should be ashamed but not as ashamed as any fool that bids. I hope a fool and his money are not soon parted.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. panda

panda Junior Member

anybody that makes a purchase that big, no matter how much money they have is an idiot. you have to look around to see how much stuff is worth.

4. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

He also has "more than 10 available". That alone should knock down the rarity value.

5. chip

chip Novice collector

Wow, I was offered an educational note in about the same condition as the one they show on their site for 2200$, I was offered it for 200$, now I have to ask myself a question, was the one I was offered way underpriced? Or is 2200$ dollars for a beat up 1$ 1896 SILVER CERTIFICATE way overpriced?

11 times over? I don't know but it seems many of their notes BIN are pretty high. Maybe they think if someone offers them 10 percent of their BIN price they can still make out?

6. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

I'm sorry, what was it you typed? I just had a seizure after looking at his auction page...

I don't understand people. Keep it simple and professional.

As far as price goes, $800 is way steep. Just plain stupid. I hate sellers that are just plain dumb in their descriptions, price and just overall.

7. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

All their auctions looks crazy priced to me.

8. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

yeah i saw some of that guys auctions. he has an ungraded $10 error note for like $211,000. i saw a similar note graded going for like $150.

9. clembo

Did I open a can of worms here? LOL.

I didn't even look at his other auctions. This came up on the "similar items I have looked at" page or some other nonsense on ebay.

I can't tell you the last time I actually bid because it's been that long. I use it for realized prices more than anything else.

10. tonedcoins

tonedcoins New Member

WOW! Now that seller is really out his mind. The bills even look more like those novelty fakes out there.

Over priced and multiples of each = Junk people won't buy... :goofer:

11. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

It,s really amazing what the un-educated will bid on!

12. skippy

skippy Senior Member

What!? :confused: There was currency for sale under all of that mess?

OMG I think I just stepped back 10 years on the internet with all of those Animated GIF graphics.

I gotta pass this link on to the web guys at work, which will get a kick out of just all of those Animated GIF's.

13. Mvandemark

Mvandemark Ignorant know it all

I think he's going for the shotgun effect, somewhere around birdshot.... Maybe he figures if he throws out enough over priced items eventually someone will be dumb enough to actually pay it.

14. Aside from the price, that auction listing is absolutely disgusting... how much word art and animated .gif images can you stick onto one auction listing??

15. CheetahCats

CheetahCats Colonial & Early American

lmao, me too.

More like circa 1995. Very cheezy.

He's got two sequential Educational Notes for $88K. Uncertified. Yeah, right!

16. 03silvergt

03silvergt Junior Member

He only has 125 of these $800 notes. If you put in the quanity you want, it will tell you if he has that many. If you put in 126 it says please enter a lower number, you put in 125 and it will let you buy that many. Seems like for it to be worth 800 you would only have 1 not 125.

17. Lugia

Lugia ye olde UScoin enthusiast

no more crazy then the amount of crappy gifs used on the pages.

18. clembo

Just an update folks.

Our auction ended today with a winning bid of $46.25. A far cry from $800.

19. darthanarchus

darthanarchus Junior Member

that's rediculous... and it looks like they hired a two-year old to do their web design... :rolling: ... looks like they just tried to cram every font known to man on 1 page...

20. rush2112

rush2112 Junior Member

Something don't look right about that note.Looks like it was made on photocopier,a cheap one at that.It's too white and seems to lack sharp detail and color.I am not sure I would even take it a change,error or no error.

21. Taxidermist

Taxidermist Collector of US/IL/RU/DE

Whoever is responsible for that black background, flashing gifs and text banners must be strangled. As soon as possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted