Warning: Ebay scammer

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Boosbuddy, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Boosbuddy

Boosbuddy Active Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

LMAO she thinks it's a scavenger hunt!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. White Ger. Shep. Lover

White Ger. Shep. Lover Well-Known Member

One just might take a flyer on that sweet little 1915 Buff. nic........if you could read the darn date! I wonder what the all time fleecing was with one of these ridiculous sales attempts? You just know that somewhere along the line that some poor slug forked over 5 or 10k for one of these 10 cent items.

5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Oooo!

No, really, it's KM#Oooo.

xCoin-Hoarder'92x likes this.
  6. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

Love it when they think typing unnecessary titles adds value to the coin. Or when they put "L@@!@K" on it. lol

7. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

8. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Just for the fun of it I looked at this on ETSY. I noticed some of the items are in some persons cart. I wonder if any of them are (fill in the blank) ____enough to pull the trigger.

9. Boosbuddy

Boosbuddy Active Member

Seller is probably doing it himself hoping someone will try to buy the junk first.

10. Boosbuddy

Boosbuddy Active Member

Do people even do research anymore or is it a “toss it against the wall and see what sticks” mentality?
    upload_2020-5-11_14-39-40.jpeg

Derrick Combs likes this.
  11. Boosbuddy

Boosbuddy Active Member

And another from same seller
    upload_2020-5-11_14-44-36.jpeg

12. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Yep, toss it against the wall. You don't need many to stick to make it worthwhile.

13. Boosbuddy

Boosbuddy Active Member

Check out the ridiculous prices and absurd descriptions for this misguided soul. He has dozens of insane listings.
    upload_2020-5-14_12-7-18.jpeg

14. -jeffB

Yep, that free-listing policy is working out just great. It lets eBay point to the millions of items available every day on their platform.

I miss the days when there was always an insertion fee, proportional to the starting price, and the FVF was smaller for higher values. List an item starting at 49 cents, have it sell for a thousand or more, and you'd end up paying less than 2% in fees. And I have to think there'd be a lot less dreck listed (and infinitely re-listed) if it actually cost some money to put it up. But, like I said, that would hurt eBay's numbers.

15. Boosbuddy

Boosbuddy Active Member

Ebay ONLY cares about money.
    A friend of mine refused to cancel an auction and sell directly to a buyer (at half the price). The buyer then sent several messages calling him a “black bastard”, “N*****”, and making other racial comments. My friend reported the POS and Ebay didn’t even bother responding and dudes acct is still active.
    We both sent letters to Ebay’s CEO but he never responded either. We both stopped selling or buying on Ebay. I just use it now for the comic relief.

16. Derrick Combs

Derrick Combs Well-Known Member

Wow... and you still have to pay shipping. Should be 4.20 shipping if you know what I mean, if you're paying anyway.

17. Derrick Combs

Fancy serial number ftw! Have you checked his completed sales? I wonder if this scam sells lol.

18. Derrick Combs

Yes Ebay only cares about money. There's a few that not only get away with crazy scams. But Ebay removes your negative feedback so these idiots can keep selling. thedockter is one user that I ran into this with. Selling cleaned coins with photoshop pictures. And he cracks details coins out and sells them under the ruse of found in safe of 200 year old store during demolition.

19. -jeffB

Oh, better than that -- he sells coins still in modern slabs that came out of that 200-year-old store, as if the age of the building somehow confers magical properties on coins that were briefly popped into its safe.

20. Derrick Combs

Eagerly awaiting the bank to open so I can buy this and give this guy his first awesome feedback! I tried messaging him and asked if he would pay the shipping if I buy it now. Waiting for his response...

Attached Files:

21. Derrick Combs

A 1945 barber dime fb Screenshot_20200605-034646_eBay.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted