Warning: Ebay scammer

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Boosbuddy, Dec 22, 2019.

1. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

There are some sellers that are good, some iffy, some evil , and some just plain stupid or misled by Youtube type of idiot. But there is some gold still around. If and I say IF you get enough knowledge you can detect it from the fake dog crap. If you know the characteristics of varieties you can actually find some good ones after discarding the scum that are damaged or not at all. I am looking for some 17/17 DDO lincolns as I only have one. One day I looked at 37 on eBay. 7 were slabbed accurately, the other 30 , listed as such 7 were true, but all had appropriate prices except 2 damaged ones and the rest were not DDO#1. Similarly the 36/36 DDO#1,2,3 , only 1/3 were true and all were appropriately priced or slabbed.

I think that too many knowing little or less about the coin they are considering feel protected and play fast and easy with the seller and bring it to their LCD or a forum and ask if it is good or not, and maybe return. In 1000s of purchases through Ebay, I have only had 1 major problem with a camera purchase/return as the seller became medically disabled, and a few minor ones such as synthetic gemstones or treated ( such as coating)ones. My current seller has a higher sell price ( about 15%) occurring since he is 99.9% with over 100,000 sales. So stay away from low sales and/or low %. Also stay away from sapphires from Songea Tanzania as the beautiful colors are diffused ions on the surface only.

Jim

George McClellan, wxcoin and ripple like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Boosbuddy

Boosbuddy Active Member

Such a shame that people fall for this crap :(
    upload_2020-1-11_1-23-23.jpeg

Derrick Combs, wxcoin and ripple like this.
  4. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

Brenner, Victor David

mlov43 likes this.
  5. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I just ordered the 2020-W Proof Silver Eagle. It's made in Wildwood, NJ next to the french fry stand, that why it has stains sometimes.

6. Boosbuddy

Boosbuddy Active Member

I want one but l want the one where the eagle is holding french fries and plastic straws instead of an olive branch and arrows. I hear these are VERY rare.

GenX Enthusiast, dwhiz and ripple like this.
  7. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

I have seeing dozens of 1970 s small date Lincoln listings that were in fact large dates. I always wonder how many people fall for those.

ripple likes this.
  8. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

@Boosbuddy
    I'll check I think I have one 2019-W enhanced PR special.jpg

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  9. Derrick Combs

Derrick Combs Well-Known Member

The only error in that coin would be made when purchasing it

10. Derrick Combs

Derrick Combs Well-Known Member

Wow, not one but 26 bids.

ripple likes this.
  11. Boosbuddy

Boosbuddy Active Member

Its up to $172.50 with 61 bidders.
    People with no knowledge are easily relieved of their money.

ripple likes this.
  12. Boosbuddy

Boosbuddy Active Member

They just get better and better

upload_2020-1-12_22-0-35.jpeg

Derrick Combs likes this.
  13. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

"Could be rare Canadian silver defect"

Could be Crohns disease.........

14. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Ugh. If whoever swallowed that thing didn't have Crohn's, they might well have developed it before the thing finally passed.

green18 and Boosbuddy like this.
  15. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I always recommend swallowing a copper coin. Does wonders. Great for urinary tract infections.

16. Corn Man

Corn Man Well-Known Member

I see these all the times just trying to get a new collector who rushed to purchase before the "1 time deal" ends before comparing prices or people who cant see the BS in front of them. A guy who sells coins near me says a couple came in bought a dateless buffalo nickel off eBay for 500 bucks and tried to sell it to him for 2 grand before he told them its worth 15 cents and they got scammed.

Derrick Combs and ripple like this.
  17. chucktee

chucktee Member

I don't think you're allowed to own the one with plastic straws if you live in California.

Derrick Combs and Boosbuddy like this.
  18. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Har Har Har... :)

19. iPen

iPen Well-Known Member

Does the seller actually have any sales of those overpriced coins? The ones that are ridiculously overpriced...

20. Boosbuddy

Boosbuddy Active Member

Its sad that the uneducated will pay for anything.

upload_2020-1-13_21-27-51.jpeg

TypeCoin971793 and ripple like this.
  21. Boosbuddy

Boosbuddy Active Member

Thank God l do not live in California.

Draft saved Draft deleted