Warning - Do NOT mail to South Africa, violent strikes, PO's burned!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by doug444, Oct 7, 2014.

1. doug444

doug444 STAMPS and POSTCARDS too!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

If you are an ebay seller, you just should not ship outside the US if you want to be covered, in my opinion

4. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Well-Known Member

Most of my losses were shipped to the US :rolleyes:

5. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

And if you had covered yourself, you would have been protected. Protecting yourself from loss to out of country is harder:rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Well-Known Member

I was covered and was protected, they were still stolen or went missing.
    Loss in another country is covered by the same protection and items can be tracked throughout the world.

7. doug444

doug444 STAMPS and POSTCARDS too!

The sole POINT here is that in South Africa, post offices are being looted or burned.

There are many countries I ship to, with never a problem, and a lot more that I will not even consider, even by registered mail.

8. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

I don't ship to Canada, Italy, or China either.

Canada's mail system is atrocious. I've got a friend in Winipeg who has his important packages delivered to another friend in North Dakota. He drives there to pick them up. He also ships out his important packages from there. It's the difference between packages taking 3 days and taking 1+ months (or never arriving at all), and this is Winipeg we're talking about, not some backwater town.

9. onecenter

onecenter Member

I have often found some great coin sets directly from South African dealers. I enjoy collecting their coinage. I hope the situation clears up soon.

10. Savy

Savy Well-Known Member

I live in Toronto, and packages typically take 1-2 weeks to get here from the US. I have never had a package take a month or more to arrive, and all of my tracked packages have arrived safe and sound.

11. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

I've mailed a few items to friends in Canada and received items from there . It takes a little longer but I've never had one lost . Just make sure to use tracking like Savy said .

Savy likes this.
  12. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

Might be regional differences? My experiences with Canada mail have all been extremely negative.

13. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

USA only for me, mail, boat, car, plane, and coins.

Two exceptions, food and women...mama mia !!

jwitten likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted