Walking Liberty Hunt--$150 Face

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mkm5, Jan 18, 2021.

1. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I still regret not pursuing that with the cash-for-gold place that opened near my house. They opened during the 2011 spike, and folded a year or two later. I can only imagine what might have passed through their hands.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mkm5

Mkm5 Well-Known Member

No kidding!

4. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

Have you had much luck at the pawn shops? Just curious. What about antique shops?

5. Mkm5

Mkm5 Well-Known Member

Pawn shops here up north are hit or miss, sometimes I find a deal, usually not.

Antique shops I've been to have lots of coins, but way over priced. They even have signs up saying coin prices are not negotiable.

6. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

Neat, the 1926-S SLQs are one of the lower mintage in the series, of course, as you undoubtedly know, only 2,700,000 of those beauties was ever made. Congratulations!

AustinJ0324 likes this.
  7. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

18x150=2700, thanks for sharing, did you offer that or was it negotiated - I was thinking at first that was per coin, then I realized it was per 2 halves - for 300 halves! Wow!!!! Thanks for sharing your find and the info. It's really helpful to know what others are finding, where they are finding it and how much they paid. Very generous of you.

8. Mkm5

Mkm5 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the kind words!
    I haven't negotiated with the jeweler yet. He doesn't seem to want to bother with the coins other than selling to the melter. He offers a fair price, so it's worked out so far.

AustinJ0324 likes this.
  9. 7Calbrey

7Calbrey Well-Known Member

Lucky and juicy deal. Thanks for letting us enjoy them with you.

AustinJ0324 likes this.
  10. AustinJ0324

AustinJ0324 Well-Known Member

Thanks for saving them from the melting pot! I still can’t believe people do that...

MIGuy likes this.
  11. AustinJ0324

AustinJ0324 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I am happy with them for the price. I had to spend about 20 minutes looking through their “junk” silver and those were the winners.

MIGuy likes this.
  12. 7Calbrey

7Calbrey Well-Known Member

What's the melt value of this lot ?!

13. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Doesn't your heart skip a beat while searching when a 1932 Washington shows up? I know I hesitate flipping it over to check the mm. Gives me that moment of hope just a bit longer. I know, my existence is sad, lol.

AustinJ0324 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted