Walking Liberty 2016 Centennial Gold Coin Guess the Mintage

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Andrew G., Oct 7, 2016.

?

Walking Liberty 2016 Centennial Gold Coin Guess the Mintage

Poll closed Dec 6, 2016.
  1. <30,000

4.5%
  2. 30,001 - 50,000

22.7%
  3. 50,000 - 75,000

22.7%
  4. >75,000

50.0%
  1. Andrew G.

Andrew G. Active Member

Walking Liberty 2016 Centennial Gold Coin Guess the Mintage. Flippers place your bets.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. longarm

longarm Well-Known Member

100k with a HHL of 1
    They go on sale Nov. 17 and I'm planning on getting 2, the price I think will be around $915

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Yawn......Yanni.

Kill me............

mikenoodle and medjoy like this.
  5. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

75,000 household limit 1, will not sell out unless they remove the limit, and even then, it will be close.

6. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I'm not flipping nor buying for that matter, but with the holiday season approaching -- and stiffer competition for the consumer dollar -- I think the Mint will produce only 50,000.

I may be wrong, but I suspect the Mint already is trying to figure out what to do with the gold quarters that might never sell.

Call me crazy.......

7. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

and only 27 little mm, how's that old song go "but not for me".
    but I did order a 1964-D Morgan this AM

Paul M. likes this.
  8. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

Release date is Nov 17th at High Noon.

9. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

Im just gonna say 0 just to cover all the bases. I like betting against the odds. You know, just in case of economic turmoil, or giant astroid wrecks the planet into a dystopian not so far away future :D

Garlicus likes this.
  10. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

OR...if we find out Penny's maiden name...

Attached Files:

Danjohnson and Evan8 like this.
  11. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

12. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

The Mint screwed a lot of the bigger players in this market by lifting the limit on the quarters. They're going to be more gun-shy about buying quantities, which will have these languishing in the Mint's inventory like the quarters.

13. Santinidollar

I'm not sure anyone got "screwed" by the Mint lifting the limit. Perhaps, for whatever reason, interest in this series plunged after the gold dime sold out so quickly and was inflated on the secondary market. Buyers can be fickle.

14. Nycmacman

Nycmacman Active Member

Whatever the mintage is, the mint dropped the ball on this series. If they had done a survey they would have seen that many of us (myself included) were hoping for silver type coins. It also would have been really cool imho if they did this in a proof or reverse proof finish and of course with lower mintage's. I have seen these coins in person and the finish is just boring and dull to me.

Feel free to disagree with me as I know some people really loved the dime.

15. Santinidollar

I'm with you on the silver versions. I think silver proofs would have literally flown out of the Mint.

Danjohnson likes this.
  16. Speedbump

Speedbump Not a New Member

I'm getting one because I want one. If y'all don't want them fine, don't get any. That just makes it less of a problem logging in on launch day. :p

With a price likely around $900, the actual customer base will be quite a bit smaller than the previous two coins. It will also have a slightly higher premium over other US mint non-bullion gold. I wouldn't be supersized if they only be 50k with a limit of one/household.

Danjohnson likes this.
  17. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Or maybe the interest plunged because people were disappointed with the quality of the strike of the Dime and it's size (it was supposed to be the same size as a real dime). That's why I wasn't interested.

Santinidollar likes this.
  18. Speedbump

Speedbump Not a New Member

Looks like the magic numbers are 70,000 with 3/household limit. That should be plenty for everyone that wants one to get one.

19. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Yeah, that was the "straight from the horse's mouth" figures I heard Thursday at the Mint Forum.

20. Santinidollar

Looks like @jwitten came the closest to nailing the mintage.

Draft saved Draft deleted