Visit to BEP in DC last Friday

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by USS656, Jun 25, 2015.

1. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Had a great time, felt like it was a second home :D Just missed getting to meet up with Mike Beck (Plate Printer) but he promised next time we would get together. Cannot take pictures inside during the tour :( - completely understand - but it was great/cool watching the printers pump out stacks of money! The workers really hammed it up for the crowd, which we all appreciated. It was a totally cool day!

Took home a little souvenir :D

[​IMG]

Here are a few shots I did get:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

silentnviolent, GSDykes, NSP and 6 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Nice pics, would love to see go there sometime. Thanks for sharing!

4. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

Those progressive proofs are really interesting! And I wonder if that spider press is the one they usually bring to coin shows for demonstrations. Don't you wish the plate vault was part of the tour? :D

5. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Yes I do, said as much to Mike. :)

I thought the proofs were really cool, wish the one was in focus. Imagine flipping through their catalog of proofs.

my bet is that's the same press but I haven't checked it against the pictures I have.

6. Cmcart

Cmcart Well-Known Member

Nice thanks:cigar::cigar:

7. mikep

mikep Active Member

I went there on June 9th, it was great, the guy printing money holding the signs was funny. Great tour. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435656046.531652.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435656063.189952.jpg

USS656 likes this.
  8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Great pics. That's an interesting pile of 10's. Thanks for sharing.

9. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

I live just 30 miles outside of DC and have not been there since grade school...around 1958-60...sure wish I had started my Morgan collection back then!

Draft saved Draft deleted