Virus and coin searching

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Cheech9712, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Want to search for new 2020 W quarters and also search my lincoln cent love. Family is all over me for my coin searching. My daugher wants me to bleech them first. Son wants to lock me in his trunk. Do i have to fold or is there an answer. If i buy a case of quaters and case of cents and leave them in the garage for a week. Will that stop my children from tying up there mom.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cheech9712

My son says it loves copper cents. WHO DOESN'T LOVE COPPER CENTS. Remind you lets be serious here ok. Are nickels bad news too. Mind you. Your answers might break me and @furryfrog02. Heart. Well maybe not nickels for the furry one

furryfrog02 likes this.
  4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Here ya go:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200317-covid-19-how-long-does-the-coronavirus-last-on-surfaces

And remember, even Zincolns are copper on the surface.

Not sure how things would be on nickels (75% copper/25% nickel), but it doesn't seem like that would be much more hospitable to the virus.

So: buy the cardboard box full of paper rolls full of coins, let it sit in a bag for a day, then go to town! But do WASH YOUR HANDS after you've gone through them. Even if they don't carry anything that's deadly, they carry plenty that's icky.

5. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Better yet don't bother your bank or make trips to the bank just to coin roll search right now

6. -jeffB

Also a good point. At my bank, you have to make an appointment to get to your SDB or do anything in the lobby. I have to imagine that they'd be discouraging box/roll orders.

7. baseball21

I'd assume/hope they would just say no and to get out at this point especially since they're all basically shutting the lobbies and upping mobile limits to keep people out. Even if they allowed it, it's really not fair to the employees to have to deal with something so selfish at this point. I'm all for life needs to go on to at least some extent but by no means is face value coin searching anywhere close to even the middle of the list

8. -jeffB

Mental health maintenance is important, too. That said, I'm guessing it will be very hard now to dump the coins after searching them. All the grocery and department stores around here have stopped taking returns of any kind for any reason.

9. baseball21

Without question and something I have been stressing in many posts. That said ordering boxes of coins from banks is NOT the way to do it. Thats a trip to the bank to order, then a trip back to get them, then dumping around at places and might as well be driving around giving everyone the finger saying no one matters but you.

Going into a grocery right now to dumb coins from coin searching when they're packed 24/7 from people panicking and many are limiting the number of people in is the ultimate narcissistic move.

Read a good book, go for a walk, get a puppy/kitten, play video games, order a coin you want online, order bags to search online, do some research, call a friend/family member etc. Don't bother multiple businesses/employees with such a selfish mundane thing when the world is closed down.

10. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

What are those? quaters? :wacky:

Just kidding. Just take a break for now. For your health and your family :angelic:

Cheech9712 likes this.
  11. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I HATE COPPER CENTS! I HATE CRAPPY ZINCOLNS!

12. hcmusicguy

hcmusicguy Member

We are currently working in drive-thru only, with no lobby access except for safe box and that's by appointment only. We have also shut down our coin machine until things are back to normal. Things were very hectic for awhile as we settled into our "new" albeit temporary norm. Without the coin machine, it's nice to have one less thing to deal with daily.

13. White Ger. Shep. Lover

White Ger. Shep. Lover Well-Known Member

I'll never take a coin machine for granted again. I had the most beautiful dream last night of this sparkling, glitzy , alluring, no charge coin machine, right there for the taking. I'm having no problems getting my boxes, but dumping them is a different story. I have tons of them building up out in the garage and the wifey is not happy. I have yet to succumb to Coin Star and their 12% rake.

14. Cheech9712

How do you feel about the 1943 steel cents. A little love there?

Draft saved Draft deleted