Vintage coin banks . . . . post yours up !

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ZoidMeister, Sep 20, 2020.

1. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Y'all are bankaholics. I'mma gonna have to start looking at garage sales and Goodwill for a few additions.

Z

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

When your business has money in the name and you spend most of your working day in financial institutes in comes natural.

4. GARY R COYIER

GARY R COYIER Well-Known Member

20201027_094601.jpg My father in law was a miner from SW WI and worked for the Eagle Picher Mining company. My wife collects EP memorabilia. This is an advertising bank for it's white leaded paint.

5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

From the good old days, when good white paint, and life, were cheap...

ZoidMeister and GARY R COYIER like this.
  6. beaver96

7. beaver96

Happy Halloween.
    c4 (2).jpg c5 (2).jpg

Eric the Red and ZoidMeister like this.
  8. Mike Thornton

Mike Thornton Learning something new everyday.

I picked up a couple of these, earlier this year, at an estate sale. Both are unused and have the original box with key. Bottom is stamped Pat. July 3, 1928. Old Banks.jpg

9. beaver96

Very cool.

Terrifrompa likes this.
  10. Mike Thornton

Mike Thornton Learning something new everyday.

Thx, The guy had about 18 of them. Most, without the key. I wanted all of them, but settled for the two.

11. Terrifrompa

Terrifrompa Member

wow nice

12. Terrifrompa

Terrifrompa Member

so nice

13. Dan Occhipinti

Dan Occhipinti New Member

Hi! Sorry to drag up an old thread, but do you know anything about this particular bank? I actually just picked up an identical one in a thrift shop, with the original box, three interchangeable plastic inserts, the key, and even the paperwork regarding the manufacturer’s warranty and how to send in for additional keys for .10 each. I can’t find a date anywhere to know how old it is, and this is the only place I’ve been able to find an identical one so far.

capthank and -jeffB like this.
  14. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Welcome to CoinTalk! I can't think of a better reason to "drag up an old thread". I've never seen a bank like that, but I hope @beaver96 might be able to provide some more info...

capthank likes this.
  15. beaver96

I'm sorry to say that I can't help you with any info. I inherited the care of this collection at our office. Since money handling equipment is our business we receive a lot of related items. The owner of our business started this collection over 50 years ago. I am just the chief care taker and bottle washer.

capthank likes this.
  16. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

Lucky you to be the care taker.

Draft saved Draft deleted