Victory is mine!!!! :)

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by silentnviolent, Mar 7, 2013.

1. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

Well I take it then if there has been no argument yet, that everyone else can also see the S mintmark on that 1912 Liberty nickel. I wondered myself about the orientation of it but again they were hand punched and as such had variances. Correct? I figured if I was going to find a nay-sayer I'd find one here :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I can clearly see the '12-D, but the S looks like it ran off and joined a cult.

4. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

So you see it too then??? :)

5. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I see something there - a blob where a MM should be. I hope it is an S. You would be a lucky dawg if it is.

6. miedbe7

miedbe7 Wayward Collector

I don't know if this helps, but in the first post I see what looks like an S where the mintmark should be but it does not appear in the second picture at first, but I think I found it using some image manipulating. The "mintmark" doesn't look like the mintmarks I see on nickels seen searching on Google Images, so I don't know what that means. Here are the images I used to "find" the S:

First post picture
    1912nickelrevedit1a.JPG

Second post picture
    1912nickelrevedit2a.JPG

Others with more knowledge of the Liberty nickel series and their mintmarks will have to chime in on this one, because I just don't know if we are wanting an S to be there...

Draft saved Draft deleted