very upset with ebay

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by urbanchemist, Mar 14, 2013.

1. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

i have been a seller/buyer on ebay for almost 13 years now. i have almost 2300 feedback with a spotless 100% rating. i was aware of the policy where ebay only recognizes 4 grading companies when listing grades of coins. what i was not aware of is that you have to list both the front and back of the slab. if the coin is minted after 1979 you have to show the front of the slab. they said that policy has been in place since august of last year. i have been posting graded coins on ebay with just the actual front and back of the coin. i never had any issues until today. i had 3 items pulled because of this violation. yet 22 of my other auctions are listed the same exact way with no issues. i actually only switched to taking pics of the front and back of the slab this week because i had so many items to post. what i was told is that a buyer reported my items. ok i am fine with that. but they should send me a message that i am in violation of a rule and give me the opportunity to fix the issue. for all i know this could be a buyer who i had unpaid strikes against that is getting my items pulled. i was on the phone with the customer service for almost an hour and they agreed with all the points i had brought up regarding these issues. she said she will bring these concerns up when they have their next meeting to try to have better communication with the sellers. what a headache. has anyone else come across this? it takes forever to get fake items pulled from new sellers yet my items get pulled right away. pure bs.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

And this my friend is wht I have stopped selling on E bay ! More rules for sellers none for buyers.... if a buyer reports you no matter what you're sunk...the buyer is always right even thro they are scaming you. It's a shame its time e bay got a step down no sellers - no buyers= no $ in e bay pockets ....E bay Pay Pal etc all of their spin offs offer the seller no protection at all....so why would you want to do business there? I said good bye months ago so have most of my friends.

4. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

I stopped selling on eBay years ago and never looked back. I do not miss it at all.

5. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

well they have recently introduced a seller protection policy recently. ebay right now is my only option for selling. besides this issue luckily i haven't had much problems. i do think the need to implement better protection against dead beat bidders. where they can get unpaid strikes and still be able to buy things. i hope this post will let others who were not aware of this particular ebay policy become aware,

6. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Look the first thing they did was take away feed back being both ways WTH? Feed back given and received was their back bone to success as buyers and sellers could choose if the wanted to do business. Since then it's been on a high speed elevator going down to He double hockey sticks!
    They also did this I know as it was a write up in the local paper and I had a friend whom they did it to. along with about a half a million sellers. What they did was this.....if you played by e bay rules you were good but if you did not like your pay pal account to a credit card or bank account and if they did not have your SS# etc they put a FREEZE on your account. So lets say I but one of your items does not matter the cost I pay for it you ship ...then you go to pay pal to get your funds oh NO! Your account has been frozen until 30 or more days pass and you receive good feed back. So again the sell who in good faith listed their item sold it paid for the fees shipped the item now is at e bay/Pay Pal mercy to when they would get their funds. Because the buyer protection plan was taking a hit e bay/ Pay Pal was not going to protect the buyer but make the seller pay if something went wrong with the sale. So once again ebay wins the sellers loose! I had a friend whom waited months to get his money . I loved selling on e bay until they made it impossible for a seller to sell an item and make a few bucks. Good luck... As for me I have had enough I don't even look at e bay any longer for anything.

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Paddy, the problem with the "old" seller feedback system was that there were too many "less than reputable" sellers who used the feedback like a sword hanging over the buyer's head. Buyers were told outright in listings that the seller would provide positive feedback only after the buyer provided positive feedback. This always infuriated me because if you pay promptly, your obligation to the seller has been met, fully. It is at that point that the seller should provide feedback even though the item may still be in transit. Basically, it was these lowlife sellers who brought this whole mess about feedback to a head.

I agree that seller feedback should never have been eliminated. Rather, FleaBay should have warned all sellers that they were not allowed to use feedback to coerce buyers into leaving positive feedback for them. As it is now, you're right! Sellers haven't much in the way of protection against deadbeat buyers.

Chris

8. coins776

coins776 no title

i stopped selling on ebay. ebay is just too much trouble for sellers in my opinion. they are ready to ban sellers over anything and everything. they are almost always in favor of the buyers, no matter what the facts really are.

9. gubni

gubni Active Member

Yeah the old feedback didn't work.

Ex: I bought an item and paid for it within a minute.

Seller waited 4 days before shipping.

I left negative feedback because seller did not ship promptly.

Seller left me negative feedback as retaliation. The seller got paid with no problem so they should have left me positive feedback.

10. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

Wow... a seller's worse nightmare.

11. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

I bought on eBay for years. I just started selling a couple of years ago...and I was amazed at how tilted in favor of the buyer eBay's policies really are.

I agree with Chris's point that the old feedback system of being held hostage by the seller was flawed, but come on, there's got to be some common ground.

Last time I sold on eBay, the seller could not leave anything but positive feedback for a buyer. I literally had no recourse when deadbeat buyers backed out of a bid, but to use the cumbersome process of filing a "no pay" claim against them, which at the time took over 30 days to run its course, and was really more hassle than the effort required.

EBay favors the buyer, no doubt about that.

12. riff

riff I ain't got time to bleed

4 days? really? you neg'd a guy for 4 days? people have lives outside of ebay. you do know that, right?

13. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

When you sell on eBay, you have a responsibility to keep yourself apprised of any changes to their selling and listing policies.

14. Clutchy

Clutchy Well-Known Member

When it comes to buying, I always read their reviews. There is alot of people that cant be pleased, no matter what you do, and all they want to do is give negative responses at any chance. There is a guy selling CLAD silver bullion bars. It says it in the title, clear as day, but he has negatives on his review because people dont read and when they get their item home, they find out its clad. Im clueless on how ebay works between them and the seller, but in my opinion, he shouldnt have any strikes against him and ebay should remove those strikes.

15. Clutchy

Clutchy Well-Known Member

Again, it says CLAD in the title, not in the description.

16. aronsamma

aronsamma Active Member

I had a pretty crappy experience last week. I'm upgrading my SBA proof collection to 70s, and I bid on one. After a while, I got an email saying my bid was canceled. I looked at the listing, and it said that the item was no longer available. So, I bid on another SBA instead. A little bit later, the original auction was reinstated and I was on the hook for BOTH of them, and they aren't cheap. Luckily I was outbid on the second one and everything ended up okay.

17. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Naaaaaaaaaaaaah, the seller needs to ship it, like, 5 seconds after you pay! Even on weekends and holidays! :rolleyes:

18. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

Years ago under the old system I listed an item. The description clearly stated no shipping to outside of the USA. A buyer from Canada won the item.
    I sent him a message saying I do not ship to Canada. He started a series of nasty messages back to me but never paid for the item.
    Meanwhile I got a message from the next highest bidder telling me he was contacted by the winning party in Canada. The winner was trying to sell the unpaid for item to the next highest bidder!
    Anyway I gave the Canada buyer a negative after he gave me a negative. That is the only negative I ever got.

19. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

Four days after a sale ends is not out of the ordinary and certainly not deserving of a neg, unless his listing stated item will be shipped in X number of days after receiving payment.

20. sodude

sodude Well-Known Member

4 days is too long to ship unless the seller admits in the listing to being lazy. All you have to do is package the item and put a label on it.

If it were the buyer not paying for 4 days, they would get a case against them.

The slabbed coin photo requirements were put in place last August. Everyone has had plenty of time to comply.

21. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I completely disagree...maybe if the eBay sales were the sellers main business 4 days is too long. But many sellers just sell on the side and have many other things going on. I have no problem if the seller waits until the following weekend to get stuff together. It takes time to properly package an item so it's secure and safe. I also prefer to take them to the post office to ensure the proper postage is put on the package. In this day and age...with paypal, there is no comparison between the time it takes to ship and the time it takes to pay. It takes less than 10 seconds to pay.

That said, IMHO the seller should leave positive feedback once payment is received (even if the item hasn't been shipped yet). It is a pet peeve of mine when sellers wait until they get feedback to leave it.

Draft saved Draft deleted