Very interesting new book coming out from Whitman.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by valente151, Sep 21, 2012.

1. valente151

valente151 Mr. AU64, Jr.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

The one I'm looking forward to is Roger Burdette's From Mine to Mint.

Chris

4. valente151

valente151 Mr. AU64, Jr.

Me as well! And I'm REALLLLY looking for to John Dannreuther's three volume work on US Proof Coins.

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Looks like a great book

6. rower41

rower41 Member

Do you have any advance info on this book? Publisher?
    Hardcore proofer...

7. valente151

valente151 Mr. AU64, Jr.

Not sure on publisher but I think Whitman would be likely as he released his gold varieties book with them. (Also a cool book to look at).

All the details I have come from talking to him at Summer Seminar about the work:
    He is releasing the work in three volumes. One gold volume, one silver volume and one copper volume. I believe he said gold is coming out first. He was shooting for late this year to mid next year for the release of the gold, if I can recall correctly. It sounds like they will be really interesting. Lots of newly discovered info of minting techniques, processes, mintages, etc...

8. rower41

rower41 Member

Thanks v151...lately I've been purchasing old books re US proof coinage since re entering the hobby after 40+ years. Amazing as the publications, starting out as glorified pamphlets, have grown thicker and hard backed over the years as numismatists dig deeper and more info becomes available. Dad casually accumulated some proofs/sets while I as a kid concentrated on circulation strikes; I've picked up where he left off. It's a great way to connect to my earliest years and memories of Dad, carry on the tradition, and enjoy the most exquisite coinage produced by the Mints. I'll keep an eye out for these new proof coinage book releases.

Draft saved Draft deleted