Very happely overwhelmed by this!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Shrews1994, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Taurus57

Taurus57 Active Member

Paul M., NLL and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Shrews1994

Shrews1994 Collecting is my passion.

a quantity of small cylindrical beads made by North American Indians from quahog shells, strung together and worn as a decorative belt or other decoration or used as money.

Paul M. and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

That is the 1915 P that you look up.

This is the 1915 D

Paul M. likes this.
  5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

CirCam is short for circulated Cameo

A circulated coin that has a dark background and lighter devices, and looks kinda like a proof cameo coin.

Paul M. and Shrews1994 like this.
  6. The Fonz

The Fonz In God We Trust - All Others Pay Cash

Nice surprise! That shield nickel looks pretty sweet.

Paul M. and Shrews1994 like this.
  7. Shrews1994

Ohhhhh I didn't put the mint mark.

Paul M. likes this.
  8. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

The 1868 shield is a variety ,and only 10 % of this type were minted , But if I tell you the answer or if the studio audience does :shifty:...I have to wonder how fun is that...lol
    So like 28,000,000.00 +/- were minted but only 2,800,000.00 were this type .....you got homework..... shieldnickels.net maybe a good place to start...:rolleyes:

9. Shrews1994

Awee thank you !!!

10. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

See... that's why you're liked here. No arguing, no throwing tantrums, no accusations of jealousy, etc, etc. Although I can't speak for anyone else, I find it a most pleasant change from what seems to be the norm for newer members around here. :)

And you're certainly right about not being able to believe everything on the internet (including here), but still, let me guess.... CoinTrackers?

11. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

And the "variety" also has several sub-listings in Cherry Pickers.

Paul M. and Paddy54 like this.
  12. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

The Wampum impresses me as well, I don't have any either.

13. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Hey, @Shrews1994 - considering the solid head start your Mystery Mogul just gave you, I heartily recommend you get a Dansco #7070 US Type set album.

Working on one of those will be probably the best overview of United States coins you can get, in terms of experience. Building a 7070 set (twice) was what provided the foundation of what I know about US coins.

Also, it goes without saying that you MUST get a copy of the Red Book if you don't already have one.

Taurus57, ldhair and Paul M. like this.
  14. Paddy54

images.jpg
    Ok Santa's the #1 request as a stocking stuffers this holiday season is Wampum .

15. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Dang.... And I think I missed the Secret Santa sign up sheet.....

Paul M. likes this.
  16. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

lordmarcovan likes this.
  17. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Sorry about that link. I'm surprised Wizard is out of stock. But yes, happily the 7070 album is back in production again.

18. Paddy54

I actually sold a empty 7070 in lightly used condition for $75 as they were in demand a few years back. I am glad they are back...as I asked a friend in the know why Dansco dropped production? He said they are a bunch of surfing dudes and for awhile were more into surfing than business.
    I don't know if that true...but what ever happened I made $50 the easy way. BTW the $75 was the buyers offer for the book not my asking price.

Shrews1994 likes this.
  19. Shrews1994

Yes you are missing something.. but someone was helping the anonymous collector out by asking me if it was OK to give my address. So I wouldn't know the anonymous. He liked my Passion for this hobby that's why he did this.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    C-B-D likes this.
  20. Shrews1994

I just read my message to the other message. I read it wrong. I thought it meant they were talking about the anonymous couldnt be such a nicer person to give them to you. But thank you :)

21. Shrews1994

No I put in the date without the mint mark. Forgetting to put it down. That one is the one worth more even if it's been circulated. I skip the coin trackers because of what I see on here it's not true.

Draft saved Draft deleted