Very embarrasing question! Sorry guys

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by OldSilver, Mar 11, 2012.

1. OldSilver

OldSilver New Member

Haha i literally have not even thught about coins for the past 5 months. I didnt see it online anywhere but before i waste gas going to my book shop, is the 2013 red book out yet or is my 2012 still the best to go by

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Starts shipping in April, not a bad question!

4. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

You should only have to buy a Red Book every 4-5 years or even longer. The only thing you'll get out of the new one each year is the new mintage numbers and other information for the latest year, which you can easily look up online.

5. OldSilver

OldSilver New Member

Thank you USS656. And rodo i know. Im not a huge fan of the red book now that the whole bullion movement is taking over but i think its still a nice thing to update every year. And for 15 bucks it doesnt break the bank to pick up the new one.

6. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

Also true, to each their own I suppose. If I skip on buying one for 4-5 years, I can apply that $60-$75 to more coins instead. ;)

7. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

Good point on the buying a redbook every 4-5 years. BUT... are you aware that there is a fan base that collects Redbooks? Heck one of hte members here (treashunt) wrote a book on it and is very interested in Redbooks.

8. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

Oh I know, if you collect them, don't let me stop you from buying them. I don't collect them, I just use the information inside of them that they provide. ;)

9. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

My bad... my last Red Book purchase was in 1963.

10. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

Heh, I don't even follow my own recommendation either of 4-5 years. I have a 2012 now but I think the last one I had was in the early 90s which I no longer have. If I ever get another one, the 2012 is getting dropped off at Half Price books for hopefully a couple bucks. ;)

11. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Or use the $60-75 to add more permanent books to your library. I would suggest Breen, or specialized volumes an whatever series you collect. Knowledge is power. :)

12. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

True BUT that $15 added to the remaining $25 still leaves you with $40!

13. Owle

Owle Junior Member

"Bluebook" is also interesting, kind of like "Bluesheet" more a wholesale than a retail guide.

Redbook pricing is high, similar to PCGS and NGC retail pricing.

14. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

And if you get a stack of them (Red Books) they make a terrific door stop........

15. papermoney54

papermoney54 Coin Collector

2013 doesn't come out till sometime in april

16. leaconcen

leaconcen learning constantly

If you want a digital edition, barnes and noble has one. No sign yet if the new editition will be digital or not though.

Draft saved Draft deleted