Very Cool Lovett Token At Auction?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by fretboard, Mar 26, 2019.

1. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

longnine009 and Rich Buck like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rich Buck

Rich Buck Yukon Cornelius

Not exactly hooked but I do buy from there for sure. Great token btw.

fretboard likes this.
  4. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Couldn't get the link. Is it the "We all have our hobbies" token?

I buy as much as I can off eBay. Not just Exo and silver but anyting that I would buy at Walmart or Amazon I check eBay too. Sometimes I can get it for the same price or lower and no shipping. A couple of weeks ago I bought a Stones Greatest hits CD cheaper on eBay then Amazon. this week it was cheaper and *less aggravating* to buy The Beatles Magical Mystery Tour CD from Amazon.

5. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

Yep, it's a witches token. For posterity, I'm posting the images here. It's graded MS62 by PCGS. Not sure I agree with that or not.

These do usually sell for strong money.

491B_token.jpg

I have an example in copper (photographed in two different ways below). They are a fun piece of exonumia.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

longnine009 likes this.
  6. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

7. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

Yes, this a much higher ticket item that the opening price. I am a bit surprised that PCGS has given this item a straight grade given the spots which are starting to look like corrosion.

I much prefer my tokens to be raw when I can find them that way. Here is the one in my collection.

Our Hobbies O.jpg Our Hobbies R.jpg

longnine009 likes this.
  8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

With the corrosion on the obverse I'll doubt the seller will get the price on the slab.

Draft saved Draft deleted